New Wave Sport Creek boat video - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 06-07-2012  

Truro, Nova Scotia, Canada
Paddling Since: 2001
New Wave Sport Creek boat video

A few weeks back I headed to the South East to paddle and shoot Wave Sport's new creek boat in action, here's a little teaser to get you going!

Kelsey

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2012  

Silverthorne, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Sizes? I might be persuaded back to my namesake if this one is an improvement on the Habitat
Old 06-07-2012  
KSC

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Damn, just when you thought it was safe to buy a Stomper. Let me guess, it's kind of a cross between a Habitat and Diesel?

I may buy your new creekboat, but can you hire some guys who are capable of machining and assembling your boats properly? Maybe less holes in the boat would help keep the confusion to a minimum?

First, there are those 2 little screws on top toward the bow that go into the front bulkhead. Well, they punched out a hole in the bulkhead plastic in the wrong place on one of the screws so I could not access the nut inside the boat. Not too big of deal, but still.

Then the next boat I get, they did the same damn thing. But much worse than that the seat couldn't be moved into its proper positions. The groove in the plastic seat where you put the screws through on the side of the boat to hold it in place were messed up. On the front of the seat, there are female threads that allow for 3 seat positions - to attach the front of the seat into the front bulkhead. It was set to the farthest back position (hole closest to rear). But when I tried to move it up (seat closer to bow), I realized that the grooves in the seat didn't extend far enough for me to put it in this position. It took me a while scrutinizing the setup and comparing it to my other boat to realize that the damn thing just wasn't machined properly. I had to drill out some new holes behind the existing grooves in order to move my seat up. What a pain in the ass.

So as part of this new generation creekboat, could you guys start assembling them properly as well? End of rant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2012  

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSC View Post
Damn, just when you thought it was safe to buy a Stomper. Let me guess, it's kind of a cross between a Habitat and Diesel?

I may buy your new creekboat, but can you hire some guys who are capable of machining and assembling your boats properly? Maybe less holes in the boat would help keep the confusion to a minimum?

First, there are those 2 little screws on top toward the bow that go into the front bulkhead. Well, they punched out a hole in the bulkhead plastic in the wrong place on one of the screws so I could not access the nut inside the boat. Not too big of deal, but still.

Then the next boat I get, they did the same damn thing. But much worse than that the seat couldn't be moved into its proper positions. The groove in the plastic seat where you put the screws through on the side of the boat to hold it in place were messed up. On the front of the seat, there are female threads that allow for 3 seat positions - to attach the front of the seat into the front bulkhead. It was set to the farthest back position (hole closest to rear). But when I tried to move it up (seat closer to bow), I realized that the grooves in the seat didn't extend far enough for me to put it in this position. It took me a while scrutinizing the setup and comparing it to my other boat to realize that the damn thing just wasn't machined properly. I had to drill out some new holes behind the existing grooves in order to move my seat up. What a pain in the ass.

So as part of this new generation creekboat, could you guys start assembling them properly as well? End of rant.
I have a name for the new boat:

The WaveSport CrippsBane.

Sounds cool anyway. I concur, though, to many holes in boats. Got to be a better way.

Conifer, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
I live in Charlotte ,nc and as of a couple weeks ago they were still testing the prototype at the usnwc along with there new crossover boat...
Looks like a brand new boat for sure..
Old 06-15-2012  

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Nice, thanks for posting, Kelsey. Looks cool, although Bryan Kirk could make a hollowed out log look good. What's the release date?
Old 06-15-2012  

Frisco, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Sweet looking boat!!!!

Want to do a shout out to Bryan Kirk for bringing the Recon by TMCK last week for a look see. Thanks, it defiantly has a legit shape to it, having one that has more volume than the Habitat 80 will be nice for bigger paddlers and folks looking for more volume. Can't wait till the finalized boat, will be sure to have it at TMCK.

Keep The Hairy Side Up...

TMCK