New VIO POV 1.5 helmet cam - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-06-2009   #1

kayaker
New VIO POV 1.5 helmet cam

the guys at VIO were kind enough to hook me up with the new POV 1.5. These guys absolutely know helmet cameras and this thing is great. I took it up to Homestake to test it out. Enjoy...

CHECK IT

Ross

ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2009   #2

C.O.
I have the VIO POV 1.5. It's a great unit. I've taken it down the Royal Gorge about a dozen times this year and once on Browns and Parkdale.

but--- The water proof bag that you can buy ripped at the seams on the 2nd day after about 5 hours of total use, and now leaks like a sieve. I've taped in up the best with marginal success. The unit by it's self is rated waterproof to a couple feet, so a leaky bag should still suffice, but I hope that VIO will warranty the bag.

ps.... If you come across a bomber secret to keeping water drops off the lense let me know. I've found that stopping to clean it every 20-30 minutes and a big splash of water helps to keep most droplets rolling off.
"So in two seconds, away we went, a sliding down the river, and it did seem so good to be free again and all by ourselves on the big river and nobody to bother us." -Mark Twain (The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn)
Ed Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009   #3

C.O.
I just watched you footage. Great run through there.

I too initially experienced fogging between the inner and outer lens cover. I wrapped the outer lens cover with a several layers of a 1/2 inch-wide strip of gorilla tape to protect it and then used a pliers to unscrew the cap. I let it air-dry overnight open like that on a warm dry night. Put it back together as tight as I could get it the next morning, removed the tape and have since had zero fogging problems in the cold water.

ps.... Did POV give it to you to use just for the games, or forever?
"So in two seconds, away we went, a sliding down the river, and it did seem so good to be free again and all by ourselves on the big river and nobody to bother us." -Mark Twain (The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn)
Ed Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2009   #4

kayaker
Yeah the fogging was due to me putting it away wet with the lens cap on. and not letting it dry over night, my bad. A little rainx on the lens helps with the fogging and I don't even use the carrying bag. I just place the camera in my pfd. Im sure the guys at VIO will take care of you with the bag issue, they're awesome. Yep the camera is mine and i look forward to using it much more in the future.
Old 06-07-2009   #5

kayaker
here is some cleaner footage