New Play Wave near BV - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-22-2014   #1

The next zone, .
New Play Wave near BV

A new wave has appeared just below BV and it is good. Not a beginner or even intermediate wave as she has some teeth but worth a look if your skills are there.

We have been there more than a few times now and it just keeps getting better with more flows. With higher water it will likely be hhhhuge and fast! It will be interesting to watch it grow up this year as at flows of 2000+ I bet it will stand up into a 5'-6'+ wave with a pile. Right now it is a 4' wave w a pile and great blunt shoulders.. She is a bit shallow below 700 and you have to roll real quick as the eddies are small.

Might try and grab some pics from today.

If you are in the big town of Buena Vista you might want to be one of the first to check it out as at these flows it is a great unexpected treat from last winters work.

Advertisement

Old 04-22-2014   #2

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
The new Silver Bullet is pretty sweet. I assume you guys are surfing the bottom wave of the boat chute? The upper hole looked to have some freestyle potential as well....Haven't ran left yet, but it sounds like there is a tongue near the island. Had a friend from out of state flip and swim out of the bottom wave, it was a bit rough on him...

I bet that drop is going to become massive at high flow...
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014   #3

The next zone, .
We lapped the left in play boats a few times it is big but goes and kinda fun in a man made rapid kinda way.. Doubtful that rafts will be running left anymore.

Yea the bottom wave is stacking up, fast, and fun! It well could be bigger than any wave in the park once we get above 1500..
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2014   #4

B.V., Colorado
~400cfs

Picture I took from several weeks ago.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bullet.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	8222