NEW Lyons Whitewater Festival June 9th 2007 - Mountain Buzz

Old 01-06-2007   #1

Lyons, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Send a message via AIM to erdvm1
NEW Lyons Whitewater Festival June 9th 2007

Speaking of the snowpack (>200% for the Saint Vrain Drainage), it's time to let everyone know about the Lyons Festival. We have a lot of changes as well as all the classics this year. Some of the changes include: Saturday event with a raging party/awards ceremony at Oskar Blues brewery Saturday night. We're having the 1st annual Adam Barron Memorial South Saint Vrain Creek race down the Narrows of SSV. We're having professional bike trials at the Black Bear/A-hole bridge. Of course we're still having Boater X, Pro and amateur freestyle, down river race and good dog comp. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted as the event gets closer. Mark your calendars. Saturday June 9th 2007

erdvm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2007   #2

Boulder, Jackson Kayak, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Send a message via Skype™ to thecraw
200% already!!! Man that is full on! I know it's probably only a 200% of todays date normal, but man that has to show up a as damn near 100% of annual for that area.

I am so stoked for the creek race! The whole thing sounds like it's coming together nicely booth.

Keep us in the loop of what's happening with the Lyons Event. Last year was a blast and now with the race down SSV, I can assue you it's gonna go off. That is by far the toughest overall creek in the front range and the fact it's roadside is going to provide some insane spectator views.

I am trying to pull a race for the Clear Creek of the Ark together on the Sunday of CKS's Paddlefest event on the 20th of May. I will keep everyone on Buzz abreast of that as well...

Craw.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather...To skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... WOW !!!! What a ride!!!!!!"
thecraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007   #3
JBL

Gnarnia, Colorado
ERDVM - thanks for the heads up on the Lyons Whitewater Festival. Sounds like it's going to be the best yet! Nice work pulling it all together. Pray for snow...
JBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2007   #4
Arn

Lyons, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
Scott and I are pumped to have Matt take over this event, although we will be there to help and to party. New energy and some great ideas. The Saturday night party is going to be a blast and the Creek race is going to be off the chain. Hopefully Matt is going to upgrade his IPOD and not play any more Dolly Parton for the Rodeo.
Arn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007   #5
JBL

Gnarnia, Colorado
Arn - I can't wait to see you party to some hot Dolly Parton tracks b/c there's no way Booth will update his shit in time for the gig. Ha, ha, ha!!

"Islands in the stream, that is what we are..."
JBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007   #6

Lyons, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
Send a message via AIM to erdvm1
I added some Will Smith and Rappers Delight!!
Gittin Jiggy
I was thinking about a Mardi Gras Party at Oskars the night of the Festival.....Any other requests??
erdvm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007   #7

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Well now that you mention it, I would like: abundant sunshine, high flows, free beer, classy ladies (but not too classy), and a clean 20 footer in the playpark!
jmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2007   #8
Arn

Lyons, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
Dude,
Here is the opportunity to have your Southern Redneck Party. Everyone should dress as either Dolly Parton or Willy Nelson. Prizes to the best costume. Oskar Blues can provide the fixins. Since Dale is an old Auburn boy I am sure he would be into it!
Arn
Arn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007   #9

It's too bad I can't make it out until August or you fellas would get a rare glimpse of my Willie Nelson thong git-up. Though I might even consider dressing up like Dolly Parton. See you boys in August.
Blumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007   #10

Arvada, 80003
Paddling Since: 2002
I'm tellin you! You should get the Break Mechanics to play at the party. Local denver group that is fly as hell. Remember the ride home from Gore? They are where it's at brother!
TheKid is offline   Reply With Quote