New Liquid Logic boat - Flying Squirrel! - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-25-2014   #1

Mad Scientist/Creeker
New Liquid Logic boat - Flying Squirrel!

People have been asking so finally I'm allowed to post some beta. I got a chance to paddle the last prototypes of the Flying Squirrel this spring in the southeast and this thing is awesome. The Squirrels are a direct evolution of the Remix series. The 85 is based off of the Remix 69 hull and cockpit and the 95 is based on the Remix 79. I paddle the 69 on everything and loved the 85. It has the length and speed of the Remix but the volume of a creek boat, with really good stability and a little more rocker up front. The way it comes out of drops is unbelievable. Super smooth and very very fast. This is definitely my ideal all around boat and what a lot of people were clamoring for on the LL Facebook age #automaticforthepeople.

Specs:

Flying Squirrel 95 is 8' 11" 3/4 long, 26.5 wide, 95 gallons

Flying Squirrel 85 is 8' 10" long, 25.5" wide, 85 gallons

Here's a shot of Adriene Levknecht with a Flying DeLavergne in the Flying Squirrel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6283.jpg
Views:	1188
Size:	1.17 MB
ID:	8876  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2014   #2

Radville, Colorado
Evan - do you know if this boat will be replacing the Remix? Or will it be an additional offering?

On a related note, anyone wanna buy a Remix?
The Kooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014   #3

Mad Scientist/Creeker
Definitely will not be replacing the Remix. The Remix will still have it's place for me. On big water I have a feeling I'll still prefer the Remix, I love the way it handles and I actually like the smaller volume for ducking into and under giant holes and waves. The stern of the Remix fondly referred to as the power pad, can be a problem for steep and low volume drops - if you end up in the back seat you will ender but I also love how you can load it up and accelerate out of drops and into eddies. I've gotten used to it but for steep creeking the Squirrel is going to out perform the Remix.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-25-2014   #4
GoBro

BZN, Montana
Paddling Since: 2008
Somewhere on the interwebs Shane said they would be pulling the Jefe out of regular production as they move into full production of the flying squirrel.
Old 08-25-2014   #5

Radville, Colorado
So what is the intended use of the boat? River runner that can creek? Creeker that can handle high volumes?

either way, i'm buying one eventually. I was thinking I could sell my stomper and remix and this would make a great all around boat.
The Kooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014   #6

Mad Scientist/Creeker
It is the one boat to paddle them all (that's the idea at least).
Old 09-01-2014   #7

The Fort, Colorado
Evan are you going to be the regional demo center
whitewater_fishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014   #8

Mad Scientist/Creeker
I will have some to try for sure.