New Kayak Shop in Frisco: Ten Mile Creek Kayaks - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 05-07-2008   #1
V for Victory

9300ft, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Send a message via AIM to SummitAP
New Kayak Shop in Frisco: Ten Mile Creek Kayaks

We have a kayaking shop in Summit County (after quite some time without)

I stopped by there today and met the owner/operator/janitor Matti. He is a chill dude with a good attitude. He has a nice shop put together with a good building inventory, good decorations, and a sweet flatscreen that he shows kayak vids on. He's got quite a bit of stuff that is/will be available for demo.

This is the guy who was majorly involved in modifying the Frisco play hole and I think he was also involved in the Breck park and the Vail or Eagle park. He seems very involved in growing the sense of community in the Summit kayaking community. He is going to offer free shuttles on Tenmile, I forget when though.

Stop by and check out the place! Support the place so we can keep a shop around!
101 Forest Drive, Frisco 80443
In other words, its at the very W end of Main St. on the N side of the road right before the I-70 onramp... or almost directly across Main St. from the Frisco play hole.

Advertisement

Old 05-07-2008   #2

Edwards, Colorado
I would like to give a second shout out to Matti at the new Frisco shop. I stopped in there this past weekend and he's jazzed about the new feature and has some great ideas for building community in Summit and all around the mountains.

Its always good to see good people open cool new shops.
outdoormikeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008   #3
ITS GONNA BE BIG!!!!

DIllon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Yah! He is a cool guy and has a nice shop. He has some nice ideas for the boating community in SC.
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2008   #4

Yup, Matti is a very cool guy with a sweet shop. Please do whatever you can to support him. Go check it out!
blurredelevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008   #5

San Diego and Frisco, CO
Matti - We Love you dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurredelevens View Post
Yup, Matti is a very cool guy with a sweet shop. Please do whatever you can to support him. Go check it out!
Yeah, I will help support him, even write some press releases about the shop as I am a part-time Frisco-ite. Could someone flush out his email or heck, better yet, convince him to become a Buzzard! And ummm, post some pix about the 'feature' could ya????
Kimy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008   #6
ITS GONNA BE BIG!!!!

DIllon, Colorado
Ten Mile Creek Kayaks
Old 05-11-2008   #7

Frisco, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Thank you!!!!!

My props out to all that have started the Buzz on Mountain Buzz. I will do by best on beta with our new play feature, here in Frisco. Location in exist 201 off I70, corner of orest rive and West ain
TenMileCreekKayaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008   #8

Frisco, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Sorry new to posting...

Anyway, like I was typing before I hit enter, I think... Located corner of Forest Drive and West main in Frisco. Next to the play feature that is on the west side of the bridge next to the parking lot accessing Peaks Trail. I will be doing free shuttles on Ten Mile, look in the summit day in What's Happing for that, also will post on the Buzz, now that I am a Buzzer. Video Premiers and monthly Boater Forms at the shop.

When water starts to flow, thought is the hole should come in around 200cfs. Have not see that flow yet only 160cfs last fall during a rain storm. 500cfs and above will see!!!! I think Ten Mile going to hit above 1000cfs, game on for sure. Will do some sweet T-shirts dedicated to that, it will not last long!!! Will try figuring out how to post pic's of the play feature, keep looking for those.

thanks again, to all, till next time....
TenMileCreekKayaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenMileCreekKayaks View Post
Anyway, like I was typing before I hit enter, I think... Located corner of Forest Drive and West main in Frisco. Next to the play feature that is on the west side of the bridge next to the parking lot accessing Peaks Trail. I will be doing free shuttles on Ten Mile, look in the summit day in What's Happing for that, also will post on the Buzz, now that I am a Buzzer. Video Premiers and monthly Boater Forms at the shop.

When water starts to flow, thought is the hole should come in around 200cfs. Have not see that flow yet only 160cfs last fall during a rain storm. 500cfs and above will see!!!! I think Ten Mile going to hit above 1000cfs, game on for sure. Will do some sweet T-shirts dedicated to that, it will not last long!!! Will try figuring out how to post pic's of the play feature, keep looking for those.

thanks again, to all, till next time....
Good to see you here Matti!

Brett here.

I think when mother nature decides to warm up, we're going to see some record flows. We'll be throwing up some pics of the play wave for sure.
Got the SR full face in yet?
blurredelevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008   #10
ITS GONNA BE BIG!!!!

DIllon, Colorado
Ten Mile Creek Kayaks!!!

I Was in to see Matti Yesterday and he is noe carrying long boards and more gear. Had him order me a new dry top! Its realy nice to have a Kayak shop in Summit County again! Thanks and keep up the good work Matti.

Tags
kayaking