New Hampshire boating - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-13-2008   #1

Arvada, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
Send a message via Skype™ to tsavo
New Hampshire boating

Do you know of a place like the 'buzz' out east and any places that rent kayaks in New Hampshire???

tsavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2008   #2

Great Falls, Montana
Paddling Since: 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsavo View Post
Do you know of a place like the 'buzz' out east and any places that rent kayaks in New Hampshire???
www.npmb.com (northeast paddlers message board)

-Lauren
deerfieldswimteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008   #3

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1998
NH/VT Paddling

Vermont Paddlers Club - Home

is another good link. They paddle in NH/VT often. They are super nice and really laid back. Where do you want to rent a boat? Northern or Southern NH? There is a lot more WW in Maine, or Western Mass.(Deerfield/Zoar).
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2008   #4

Denver, Colorado
NH paddling

ledyard canoe club at dartmouth college had a bunch of paddlers when I was there and they're always doing trips. http://www.dartmouth.edu/~lcc/
Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008   #5

Eagle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
New Hampshire Boating

I'm not sure when you will be out there or what level you are at, but Saco Bound rents kayaks and canoes and has a location in Errol, NH. Home of the Rapid River and The Maggalloway. Both are damn controlled, but from what I remember the releases usually take place on alternating weekends in July and August. Saco Bound would be a good place to get this information. Check out Saco Bound: Maine Rafting Trips
for some more info and take a look at Total Whitewater Fun: Smooth Ledge, Rapid River, Maine if you want some info on the play feature on the Rapid.
ArgoCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008   #6

Buena Vista, Colorado
ManchVegas play boating options

Check out crack pipe
on the Merrimack in Manchester. Its a nice wide wave/hole that is good at most summer flows. There are deep sticky parts for aerials and green parts for surfing. "All Outdoors" in Manchester sells kayaks and rents them too I think. They are a mile away or so. Bring nose plugs, there's a lot of urban run off in the H20.
Old 07-19-2008   #7

Thought-criminal, Colorado
New Hampsha.

I remember the West river in southern Vermont being a fun dam released run when I first started out. Pretty, too.
Old 07-19-2008   #8

Buena Vista, Colorado
More NH/VT summer low water play.

There's a some pretty good surfing on The Connecticut River (Hartland Rapids). Usually a few people to paddle with there (Dartmouth and Vermonters), and all kinds of features to play in depending on flows. The Pemigewasset in Bristol has a good wave/hole(small feature), but may be good for some spins or a few ends in a short boat at this level.

Check out the CR 250, it could be a great boat tp play in up in NH o some low water, and then paddle some bouncy class IV in Maine.

The CR is a great ocean surf boat too if there's a swell in NH/Maine
Old 07-20-2008   #9

Thought-criminal, Colorado
Yeah, the CT river. When it gets above flood stage check out the Wave-o-saurus. It's by Holyoke, I think? Could be remembering that wong. You missed it this year I'm sure, but when the CT gets above 75000 or so...good times. The higher the better, watch out for trees floating down through.
Old 08-23-2008   #10

Boating

I usually like Boating.I was always interested in participating in boat races as me and my friends usually in weekends goes to seas and starts conducting boat races and always tries to be winner band I will be the winner

===============================

jones9985

for information on Drug Addiction..

New Hampshire Drug Addiction
jones9985 is offline   Reply With Quote