new freestyle move - Mountain Buzz

Old 02-06-2006   #1

artist
Send a message via AIM to ScottBarnes
new freestyle move

sure, it's all been done before

but if you check out LOZER you'll see that it takes a bunch of lozers to come up with creative ideas that will drive the sport forward into a new direction.

AirMcGoon

ScottBarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2006   #2
gh

pnw, Colorado
Photo looks photoshopped to me.
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006   #3

I was also suspicious of the photos in the Air McGoon article. After extensive investigation of the lighting, pixelation, and other highly technical tests, I can confirm that all of the photos are in fact, genuine.

I am an expert in the field of forensic photography and am completely impartial to this situation.
PhotoForensicExpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2006   #4

PhototForensicExpert:

You are so full of sh*t. All those photos are Photoshopped.

The flames would not burn like that if it was real photo (they would surround the paddlerthe paddle but not be streaming like that and there would be no black area)
the sandwich would not be so oversized
the gascan would have the same lighting as the rest of it
the smoke would not form that way
the photo with the cigarette would have the same background as the rest
etc...

and anyway, why would some one do that unless they are severely whacked or something like that.

Confused

p.s. PFE is a member as of 2/7/06, no earlier, one post.... hmmm.....
confused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006   #5

I can respect your amateur opinion. You clearly have an interest in photo forensics and I don't want to deter you from your interest in my field of expertise.

The trick is obviously performed very quickly so the types of anomolies you describe can be attributed to the photographic equipment. If this was filmed using a more appropriate (read: more expensive) camera, it would look more authentic to the untrained eye.

I've been in the field for over 20 years and have testified in several landmark cases including the defense of OJ Simpson in his criminal trial. With all due respect, I think I know what I'm talking about.
PhotoForensicExpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006   #6

Bum
Send a message via MSN to Jiberish
looks sick to me....Better step it up this year I guess.... :S
Jiberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006   #7

Longmont, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
lmao, I would have to agree when extracting stills from such a fast manuevar, lighting and sizes are often distorted.

I love his paddle and the Lozer babe section...
tellutwurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006   #8

artist
Photo expert is mistaken...

PFE is correct when he says that there are anomolies that occur when attmepting to photograph super-speed freestyle moves. But, his implication that HIS camera would have corrected the problem are a thinly veiled attempt to promote his own work.

Truth is, there is NO camera that could capture that move without creating confusing distortions. The problem lies in the fact that this move is performed so fast, that space-time bends and several instances of the same paddler, in parallel universes (different dimensions obviously) happen at the same time. The biggest risk when perfoming this move is to make sure that these different paddlers/time/space/universes/dimentions do not collide or we would all be "remade" in another big bang, thus starting an entirely new UNIVERSE
Old 02-07-2006   #9

my eyes have decided to roll back into my head. i work with photoshop and pics fron a Nikon D200 and, i can say that it is almost for sure that those photos were photoshopped. just look at the g-ddamned sandwich!! what is this bullshit about paralell universes?!?!?!?!?! WHAT ARE YOU SOMKING CAUSE IT MUST BE QUALITY SH*T?!?!?!?!
confused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006   #10

artist
Quote:
Originally Posted by confused
my eyes have decided to roll back into my head. i work with photoshop and pics fron a Nikon D200 and, i can say that it is almost for sure that those photos were photoshopped. just look at the g-ddamned sandwich!! what is this bullshit about paralell universes?!?!?!?!?! WHAT ARE YOU SOMKING CAUSE IT MUST BE QUALITY SH*T?!?!?!?!
I admit that the sandwich is a bit confusing, but the move is difficult, using lots of energy, so one can excuse the paddler for taking an early snack to recharge his batteries.

Look. Just because you don't understand quantum physics, string theory, or the concept of the mathematically proven 11 dimentions of space, does not make any difference in the move. I don't understand gravity, but it seems to hold me to the earth. And why must you insist that any original thought be done with the handicap of illicit substances? You insult geniuses like Einstein, Hawking, and Greene with that statement.

Why don't you go out and try to do better instead of criticizing in theory. There are people who say that the moon landing was a hoax... C'mon dude. You can step-up and do better than that...