New at this - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-24-2008   #1

New at this

ok i actually live in georgia but that wasnt an option but im a pretty big guy and i got into a kayak and i couldnt balance right. like i kept leaning to the left and couldnt help it does anyone have or has had this problem? thanks

joshward is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2008   #2

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshward View Post
ok i actually live in georgia but that wasnt an option but im a pretty big guy and i got into a kayak and i couldnt balance right. like i kept leaning to the left and couldnt help it does anyone have or has had this problem? thanks
A number of things could be causing you trouble. First, what type of kayak are you in? Do you properly fit in the kayak?

Generally, if you head goes so does your body, were you looking to one side or the other?

More info may be helpful...
Old 03-24-2008   #3

i was using a liquid logic lil joe and yeah i could fit but not well it was pretty tight and no my head was fine i just kept leaning for some reason
joshward is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2008   #4

Denver, Colorado
Leaning left...

Most kayakers are generally left leaning. Check the "eddy" forum, you'll see most of us are liberal, eco-friendly, hippy types. Nothing to be concerned about, you'll fit in fine. We do a decent job of putting up with the righties too as long as they can put up a decent arguement.

-d
Old 03-24-2008   #5
Ron

Monroe, Utah
Paddling Since: 1990
I been a republican since Ike but am leaning left a little my self this time around. Bush does that to people. Ron.
Old 03-24-2008   #6

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Talk to your local paddle shop... Or, check the boat for bricks and stuff. If the boat was left in the sun or in a shed in GA in the summer heat, you may have a retarded boat.
Old 03-24-2008   #7

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
And yeah, if you snuggly fit into the LIL joe you gotta be pretty big. Check out a bigger creek boat or look to the C-1