Need some Boat Advice - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-27-2004   #1

Need some Boat Advice

I am looking at getting a new boat. I am used to my Dagger G-Force 6.3 but it was stolen last week so now I am in the market for a new boat. I want something that will handle as close to the G-Force as possible. And I am just curious to see what everyone thinks on what "the best boat really is"
I have heard good things about Jackson kayaks but I dont personally know much about them

Thanks for your time,
Chris

chrisrogers3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2004   #2

Some people gonna hate me for this, I took the fun & 2fun for A demo ,and I did'nt like em. I guess if your a playboat kinda guy they would be for you,but I cant believe EJ calls these downriver/playboats
I do however wish my new EZ was made of that crosslink plastic.
marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004   #3

Try the Kingpin

It is something that I am sure has already crossed your mind but I thought that I would throw it out there anyways. After paddling the Kingpin 6.2 for the last two years my paddling ability has skyrocketed. There is a reason that you see so many on the river that it seems like a fad, It works. Endless wheels, loops and effortless surf are guaranteed with a little effort and a Kingpin. And in response to the post by Marv, You shouldn't even be in a playboat if you are satisfied with an EZ, I paddled one for 2 years and most people progress beyond slow jerky wheel and crappy outfitting that you seem to enjoy. Take some pride in your sport and at the very least support a paddler based company in Jackson kayak instead of the uninspirational corporate beast that is Wavesport. I have only paddled the Jackson Allstar but it was a hoot. Happy Paddling Chris
Bozeman Boater
BozonePaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2004   #4

Teacher
The Big wheel has really opened up some worlds for me, especially in the wave surfing realm. It is so precise edge to edge that doing blunts, back stabs, donkey flips, and even helixes much more attainable. It keeps the loopability of the Space Cadet and adds hull speed and slicier ends, which make it easier to cartwheel and trap the bow for Flatwater loops. I have only looked at the new boat - the vision. It looks like a wave monster and even more cartwheelable. I am a one of the LL faithful but they have to whole package - outfitting, design, and non coporate.

Peter
Old 09-28-2004   #5
gh

pnw, Colorado
Kingpin
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004   #6

Teacher
kingpins weigh too much. especially the Icons. We are talking 10 to 15 pounds more. Pain in the ass getting back and forth from the river and just that much keeping you down on the wave. Go Big, Go Lite, Go LL

Peter
Old 09-28-2004   #7
gh

pnw, Colorado
Kingpin
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004   #8

Chris,
Check out the Wavesport ZG. It would be a great boat to get into after a Gforce. Does all the cool moves, yet is way faster than kinpins, jacksons, and LLs. You'll be siked when you throw the biggest loops and are the only one to catch, say little d on westwater because the rest of your amigos paddle the other sluggish boats. Really, the best way is to try them out. Good luck.
chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004   #9

Kingpin

Kingpin
BozonePaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004   #10

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
S6
cosurfgod is offline   Reply With Quote