Need Help! Anyone off to Argentina? - Mountain Buzz

Old 12-18-2008   #1

Need Help! Anyone off to Argentina?

Ok fellas. Two good bros of mine headed down to Bariloche, Argentina a few weeks ago. They are down there to spend the winter trout fishing. A couple days ago someone broke into their car mid day and stole most of they stuff they have. These guys just finished school this past spring and that gear is most of what they own since they're trout bums.

I'm trying to find anyone that is headed that way in the next couple weeks. I'm working with others to pull together gear to get to these guys so they can salvage their trip. I'm looking to pass a gear bag along if someone is headed that way (anywhere in Argentina basically). I can't ship stuff to them because Argentina taxes incoming goods like this at a 2X value, locals have never been up for receiving shipments like this.

Please get the word out. I'm happy to compenstate for help. Hell, I'll give ya my first born.

sbratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2008   #2

, Wyoming
Why not just buy new gear down there?

Bariloche is like Aspen, Vail. They have everything you need down there and it takes the hassle out of trying to ship stuff or sending stuff to them! The same thing happened to me while living in Argentina except they broke into my house! I just went and bought what I needed and dealt with not having the rest! Just a Suggestion, But it is going to save a lot of time!
paddle4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008   #3

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Trout bums? What the hell is a trout bum? I'm familiar with the bum lifestyle of skiers, boaters, and climbers, not sure where this fits in? I'm thinking its way down the list on action sports lifestyles, maybe just a tad bit more exciting than basket weaving bum, and maybe a little less exciting than lifestyle partner figure skating bum.

Hopefully your buddies will find a way to make that trout lifestyle happen down there. Maybe you should post this on the worldwide trout bum alert forum?
deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2008   #4
Spits Hot Fire

N. Cascades, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddle4eva View Post
Bariloche is like Aspen, Vail...
Hence the name, Chachiloche.
Old 12-20-2008   #5
God Amongst Men

Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsouthpaddler View Post
Trout bums? What the hell is a trout bum? I'm familiar with the bum lifestyle of skiers, boaters, and climbers, not sure where this fits in? I'm thinking its way down the list on action sports lifestyles, maybe just a tad bit more exciting than basket weaving bum, and maybe a little less exciting than lifestyle partner figure skating bum.

Hopefully your buddies will find a way to make that trout lifestyle happen down there. Maybe you should post this on the worldwide trout bum alert forum?
have you not seen the fast paced, magical world of trout bumming? sit on your ass for hours on end! get out smarted daily by an animal with a brain the size of a pea! curse and bitch and moan as you fight through trees and swamps and bushes and willows every day! and the ladies love it when you smear fish blood all over your face and come back to town! give it a try, you may like it, trout bumming is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, outside of soccer
Old 12-20-2008   #6

I know none of you boys would like to have all your boating gear stolen while living out of a van on the west coast of the South Island NZ.

If anyone knows somebody headed that way, any help would be sweet. We are trying all angles and just trying to get the word out to help these guys.
Shawn
720-261-1461
sbratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008   #7

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Trout bumming is a good and noble pursuit. I salute yer pals.

Forget the logistical/practical brain damage of gathering/schlepping gear. Get their buddies to kick in some dough and wire it to 'em. They buy the gear there and continue with the trip of a lifetime.