Need Bailey Fest DJ - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-05-2012   #1

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Need Bailey Fest DJ

Yo Buzzards,

I'm in the final stages of planning out Bailey Fest. Last year I rented a PA and we rocked out with the IPOD and had a good time.

This year, I'd like to get a "DJ" for Bailey Fest. I need someone to bring tunes on laptop / ipod / iphone tunes and work with me during the camp parties friday and sat night to keep the music flowing. I can rent PA, mic etc but if you have PA equipment to bring with you, even better. We will be bouncing between videos, tunes, and microphone, so I need someone who knows how to run a mixer, who has good tunes, and someone who can keep it going while drinking beer without puking on the equipment.

If you are interesting in being the bailey fest DJ PM me or send an email through the bailey fest website contact form. Thought I would throw this out to the boating community before I went looking through DJs.

deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2012   #2

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
I really wish I could do this gig for you, but I have a Deso trip beginning that weekend. I am sure that you can find a quality DJ who can actually mix and not have to rely on unprofessional devices like an ipod/iphone. If someone doesn't have their own PA, I would question whether they really have DJ experience or not.

Thanks for putting this out to the boating community first. I am sure someone will step up. I would love to do this for you next year if you give me a little more time to get it on my schedule before river trips. If you need any advice, let me know.
rivermanryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012   #3

Denver,, exhaustion
ian,
i have a text out to a buddy who is really good. I am trying to get him to commit.
I will let you know as soon as i hear back from him.
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2012   #4

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
Ian, is this friday, saturday, both? What time to start/end? I know a guy...
Old 07-06-2012   #5

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Thanks for looking guys.

Hojo, friday or saturday? ... depends.

I will have the PA hooked up fri and sat. Friday will be more mellow. Playing some kayak videos on the movie screen and sound through the PA. Having help friday with cueing up movies, getting speakers on the mic etc would be good. If the artist futurely known as "bailey fest DJ" is around friday night, and can help with that... great. If not, I can swing it.

The main event is saturday night camp party, and thats where I really need some help. I want the DJ to rock the tunes for the camp party, as well as help with music and video for the supermax showdown race.

So... I need a PA for all weekend. If I have to pay a non boater DJ to come in for just sat night, I still need a PA for friday, so in that case I will probably rent a PA for both nights. If I get a boater connection dj who will be around all weekend and has their own PA, then that would work great.

Ideal situation is I find someone with a PA, who wants to come to the fest friday and sat nights, who has a PA, and who is willing to help with audio / video set up for friday night and foamie race, and will play tunes sat night during the camp party, and of course have a great time all weekend.

If I can give some cash to a boater connection dj with a PA instead of paying an audio rental company that would be better in my book.

Start / end times... kinda loose here. Friday night we will do movie stuff from dark for an hour or so. Will probably have tunes playing before then. Would be fine to do IPOD friday afternoon. On Saturday, I want to have tunes (Ipod or dj) from say 6-9, foamie race from 9-10, and then dj from 10-12 or something like that.

Ryan, I hear you on "unprofessional devices like IPOD", but realize that everything about bailey fest is unprofessional, so it fits right in. Main thing is to have some tunes for the party. The IPOD DJ is free, which certainly works for a tight budget. Since I'm trying to grow the fest and improve it, a DJ would be the next logical stepping stone. Ultimately I'd like to have some live music, but thats a ways off probably.

If you folks know someone who is interested, give me a shout.
deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012   #6

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
Ian, call me: 3.957.793for

Tags
bailey