My summer schedule! - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-29-2008   #1

Gypsum, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
My summer schedule!

OK, starting April I will be able to boat every day.. Which means I need to come up with a few more paddle friends I work 3 days one week and 4 days the next and repeat which gives me two 3 day weekends a month off plus multiple weekdays.. Also as an added bonus this year the days I do work are going to be split shift which gives me a 5 hour mid day paddle break
I live in Gypsum so on the days I do work my options are limited to Shoshone, the Eagle(when it starts), and Gore creek .. As for the rest of the time its open..

stumpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2008   #2

Gypsum, Colorado
WOW! I ask for a companion on the river and get no reply! But yet I get criticised for paddling alone? I don't understand Please explain...
Old 04-01-2008   #3

I really want to do the Dolores Friday through Sunday but have no takers as of yet. Thought I'd find some rafters but it'd be fun to do as a short self-support, too. Game?
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2008   #4

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
So you wanna weave together schedules?

What a guy! See, one paddler at a time, you're finding people to go boating with! My only suggestion would be a better title... one that grabs peoples attention as an opportunity to paddle regularly with someone who knows when & where to paddle... someone who's schedule is reliable and clear... then you're open to cooperate to make some fun days on the river happen!
Old 04-01-2008   #5

Golden, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpster View Post
...But yet I get criticised for paddling alone? I don't understand Please explain...
Don't let them bother you. Solo paddling is a victimless crime.
Ture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008   #6

Arkansas during the off-season Nomadic during the summers! :), Arkansas & Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Gotcha beat...I only work on fridays! So I'll be paddlin lots this summer! I'll ring you when we make it that way or if you wanna hit the poudre im me and stay a few days.
gannon_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008   #7

Gypsum, Colorado
Count, If I can get my shift covered on Friday then I am game for the Dolores this weekend. I will verify and get back with you. What do you need me to bring?
970-977-0287

Thanks
Old 04-02-2008   #8

Louisville, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpster View Post
OK, starting April I will be able to boat every day.. Which means I need to come up with a few more paddle friends I work 3 days one week and 4 days the next and repeat which gives me two 3 day weekends a month off plus multiple weekdays.. Also as an added bonus this year the days I do work are going to be split shift which gives me a 5 hour mid day paddle break
I live in Gypsum so on the days I do work my options are limited to Shoshone, the Eagle(when it starts), and Gore creek .. As for the rest of the time its open..
Here's my summer schedule:
Monday: Work, then boat
Tuesday: Work, then boat
Wednesday: Work, then boat
Thursday: Work, then boat
Friday: Work, then boat
Saturday: boat
Sunday: boat

Somewhere in there I will have time for other things too!
off_piste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008   #9

Boulder, Colorado
I am very interested in the Dolores. I have nothing between thursday at 5 p.m. and tuesday morning except skiing and/or kayaking. Dirk, call me at 716-400-3772 tomorrow to talk about it, or pm me.

Max
Browntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008   #10

Boulder, Colorado
As a sidenote, do you have any info/idea on the water and how long it may hold? Does anyone know?
Browntown is offline   Reply With Quote