Mother's Day on a river ideas? - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-26-2010   #1
The Russian

SLC, Utah
Paddling Since: 2005
Mother's Day on a river ideas?

So I have a trip coming up that consists of a lot of families with kids and moms. And I just found that that the middle of the trip will be over Mother's Day. I wanted to make something special for that day for all the mothers on the trip.

Could use a little help with ideas how to make that day unique?

Fancy dinner isn't really special, because most people who are coming on the trip are all fancy cooks, so every night will be good dining.

Thanks,
Alex

kazak4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2010   #2
Kjirsten

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 05
Have the kids make flower/weed (if no one has allergies) wreaths for them to wear on Mother's day- it will make them feel like princesses. Or go to the dollar store and pick up some leis or tiaras with which to "crown" them for a day.

A fun easy delicious dessert is cheesecake- line cups with graham crackers, fill with premixed cheesecake, top with cherry filling and whip cream.
"There is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Look here! If you've really nothing else on hand this morning, supposing we drop down the river together, and have a long day of it?" -Wind in the Willows
TakemetotheRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010   #3

Louisville, Colorado
I think most moms are tired of cleaning and cooking. I say give them a jug of wine, a platter of chocolate, cheese, and fruit. Give them a stool on which to elevate there feet, and maybe a tiara of flowers. Then husbands and kids take care of all the cooking, dishwashing, groover duty, and putting of kids to bed for the night. While they play bocce ball, washers etc. and worry about nothing.
catwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2010   #4
The Russian

SLC, Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by catwoman View Post
I think most moms are tired of cleaning and cooking. I say give them a jug of wine, a platter of chocolate, cheese, and fruit. Give them a stool on which to elevate there feet, and maybe a tiara of flowers. Then husbands and kids take care of all the cooking, dishwashing, groover duty, and putting of kids to bed for the night. While they play bocce ball, washers etc. and worry about nothing.
Hahaha, don't we already do all that to get you ladies to go with us?
Great ideas, thanks guys, I will do just that. Will get some chocolates and tiara of flowers.
Old 04-26-2010   #5
Kjirsten

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 05
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazak4x4 View Post
Hahaha, don't we already do all that to get your ladies to go with us?
Hmmm... I do all that to get my guy to go with me.
"There is NOTHING--absolute nothing--half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Look here! If you've really nothing else on hand this morning, supposing we drop down the river together, and have a long day of it?" -Wind in the Willows
TakemetotheRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010   #6

Louisville, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by kazak4x4 View Post
Hahaha, don't we already do all that to get your ladies to go with us?
Well my hubby doesn't, we share pretty equal. But I know men who do all that so the ladies will go. ANd I know some of the ladies are still extremely reluctant. I just don't get it personaly.
catwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010   #7
The Russian

SLC, Utah
I like to make it comfy for my family, especially since they just discovered expedition rafting only last year. So ya I do most of the work and baby my baby With hot showers, wine glasses, bimini tops and everything else to make the trips more luxurious than 5 star hotels.
Old 04-26-2010   #8

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
flip her!

if you make her swim, it will be a mother's day she'll never forget! not that i know or anything.