.....MONTROSE FREESTYLE FEST.... - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-09-2005   #1

crested butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Send a message via Yahoo to milo
.....MONTROSE FREESTYLE FEST....

....spots are begining to fill up for the 1st MONTROSE FREESTYLE FEST.... dave horton, steve melenick, poly trokeen, joe scala and BIG WAVE DAVE of CKS have been added to the line up!!!!! LARSEN himself, may be there too, and he will judge the LARSEN'S LEDGE sketch-off!!!!!....wow!!!!.... what is the freestyle fest??????......SEE POST: FRIENDSHIPS AND CLASS V......for details....and of course.... helmets, pfd's and common sense apply......

milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2005   #2

Bum
Send a message via MSN to Jiberish
Where is it going to be held?
Jiberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005   #3

I think he means the montrose lowers/pleasure park/nature center......
Kayaker_SkierCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2005   #4

Golly gumptions! I wish I was out thar in colorader so I could go throw down in the slit with ya'll. I've got my squirtboat ready to mystery my way under the portage. Of course, then I'd get to miss out on my favorite part, Ivy Row. Have fun in there and don't forget to bring clean tighty whities!
kymeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005   #5

crested butte, Colorado
....gunnison river....monument section.....montrose colorado......the event will last , most likely, about 10 hours(no epics).....with all the fun activities we have planned.....i want to see you throw the FIBONACCI SEQUENCE in the BLENDER HOLE....we've added a freewheel comp at the 8ft boof!!!!bonus points for linked ends before the waterfall drop...victory points for a flatwater loop before the waterfall drop....we'll have to crawl up on the rock, in our boats, then plop down the other side....it works like a teeter-totter kinda.....JIBERISH, you are the fave to win!!! how's that make you feel!!! the winner gets a FREE...... HAPPY MEAL!!! from mickey d's....
Old 08-10-2005   #6

Bham, Washington
Paddling Since: 1997
yo milo,

i think i can motivate a fort collins posse for the event. What the date and the details? that is unless you're afraid fort collins posse will show up and dominate...

970 988 5502

Leif
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005   #7

crested butte, Colorado
....FORCE... you are the second caller and the proud owner of an ice cold 12'er of PBR(post boating refreshment)!!!!.....this will be delivered to you at the put-in!!!!****MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN*****.....the date is still to be decided by your ft.collins croanies and the others....details are outlined in the post: LOST FRIENDSHIPS AND CLASS V...other activities have been added....remember this is "grass roots" throw down sesh....a day long-down-canyon-kinda thing....and of course, i hope that you do round up a posse from the fort....a salida contingent... a cb contingent....sounding better!!!...this will be the first playboat mission i know of...other than my mini-missions the last couple of years.......can't wait to throw down in there with other boaters....will call to talk dates...domination? we'll see slutbag!!!.....JUNIOR RANGER 420- captain of the CRESTED BUTTE CARNAGE PATROL.......
Old 08-10-2005   #8

Bham, Washington
Paddling Since: 1997
Milo,

Have you played kayak golf before? would suggest and addition to the days events.

Goes something like this. A said kayaker who maybe want to recover face from poor boating performacne and posse rejection (ie. chorter) calls a line at the top a drop that goes something like this scarry ferry to river left micro eddy melt the backside into the stomper hole 3 right hand cartwheel to splitwheel then back loop flush from the hole to boof river right into the eddy.

If said kayaker makes the line everyone in the group must make the line in good style or take a stroke. If said kayaker misses the line the group has the opportunity to make the line and give the said kayaker a stroke. The person with the most strokes at the end typically has to wear a skirt in the after boating party and all the way home and is thereafter referred to as the group gromit until said boater places higher in the following boating golf game.
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005   #9

Force,
This is a freestyle contest.
There isn't one decent play spot on the Poudre, so where is your 'posse' so well trained? Have you guys been taking play boats down Big South. I haven't seen any pics of anyone wavewheeling double trouble.
But didn't riverwrangler or frenchy bust a wavewheel at tunnel a few years back, that was cool.
But what do I know, playboats are to small for me and I suck at it anyway. I think I will hit up Ruby/Horsetheif instead and push some rubber in the heat.
mankster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005   #10

Asheville, North Carolina
Paddling Since: 98
capt'n....

I know I am a little "old school" but still like my big boat down there. Will you be having any "retro" events that an old schooler like me might enjoy. I like to bring the big boat so I can bring in the PA system, judging mateireals, and food vendors. Not to mention the video equipment for "black canyon cinema." If you really get a group of HOTSHOTS you should let me know. Also, why dont you call ol' boy at the dam and get us like 1200 cfs. Cant wait for the fall trip, I hear the foliage is beautiful...

SALIDA RANGER 420
bowen is offline   Reply With Quote