montana beta? - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-31-2008   #1

montana beta?

Hi,
I am going to be in Kalispell at the end of June/early July. I am mostly interested in 4/5 creeking and big water. Is there much to do there? Will it be dry by then? Anyone on here live up that way?
Thanks,
Adam

adamherzog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2008   #2

Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E
Adam give me a shout man, it's been a long time. I'll get you on something.

Gary
303-949-6880
Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008   #3

unemployeed
Send a message via ICQ to northfwestg
dont come

i live up that way, it will be dry and nothing running, dont waste your time up here, KALIFORNIAS going off, try that state, not montana, colorado perhaps, back to jersey to all you yippies
northfwestg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2008   #4

kootenai will be going off at that time of year sick huge water play. massive boily class four good shit. as well there are some creeks in the area but will be running low, have to meet up with the locals fo rthe full run down
jomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008   #5

Drop me an email

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamherzog View Post
Hi,
I am going to be in Kalispell at the end of June/early July. I am mostly interested in 4/5 creeking and big water. Is there much to do there? Will it be dry by then? Anyone on here live up that way?
Thanks,
Adam
Out of respect to Northfwestg's "this be my beach" attitude, I request that you drop me an email off of the forum. I can give you a fair amount of info for the area, and some other connections that would be happy to share some knowledge of the area with you. [email protected] But if any other paddlers ask about your experience up there, ex post facto, you must swallow this little yellow pill and point them towards Coloma...
Best,
Dave
stonefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008   #6

Leadvillian, Colorado
northfwestg

Quote:
Originally Posted by northfwestg View Post
i live up that way, it will be dry and nothing running, dont waste your time up here, KALIFORNIAS going off, try that state, not montana, colorado perhaps, back to jersey to all you yippies
Between the posts ripping a newbie, a guy that wants to give away a free grand trip, and now this the quality of buzzers has hit a new low.

northfwestg - if you had any clue you'd now Adam is a stellar paddler and world class nice guy - not to mention he lives on a creek that is invaded by more yippies than anywhere on the planet and manages not to act like a "local" hard ass like you have in the backass woods of Montana. Last I checked the crowds in your part of the woods were more likely to be tangled up in their fly lines than running the steeps. You just passed on paddling with the best boater you'll probably ever see other than the one's on your tv screen and it's probably for the best because judging from your attitude you wouldn't have been able to hang anyways... gangsta.
Matt J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008   #7

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
The Swan river may be a nice run to hit. (Class IV run) It is in Bigfork about 20 miles from Kalispell. There are still releases on Wednesdays so there might be 1200-2000 or more depending on melt with a drop of 100 ft. over the mile long run. The Kootenia and the Yak and Logan Creek. Talk to the locals on the Swan. If there is a creek running they will know about it. Enjoy.
Old 06-01-2008   #8

Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E
Nicely put Matt. I would throw world class paddler in that statement also. He's a stud, and wants and likes to get after it.

Gary
Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008   #9

Check out Meadow Creek Gorge on the South Fork of the Flathead and the Kootenai. Both are bigwater action. They are listed on american whitewater
crowdaroundum is offline   Reply With Quote