Missing Puppy - FOUND!!! - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-22-2005   #1

Missing Puppy - FOUND!!!

Thank you friends out there.

Someone who saw this posting alerted a friend who had a dog of the same description and gave them my number. The person with the dog has contacted me and we have made arrangements to get her back home!!

I am so thankful for the support and kindness of people using this forum to help make good things happen!!

Valfromtheboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2005   #2

Fort Collins/GWS, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
sweet

Glad you found your dog. Dont worry about the assholes that like to get on this forum and power trip out. Its happened to me before (getting tripped on). Some people just want to focus on the negative. The real power of this community is bad ass as you can see by finding your dog through it.

cheers,
AM
freeflow films
New Belgium
Dog Lover
adrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005   #3

Doggy Day Care!!

One of the organizers of the Gore Fest contacted me and had a great idea for the future.

He said that considering how many of us bring our dogs, it would be nice to have a "dog run" set up. For a small babysitting fee, people could leave their dogs in a fenced-in, supervised environment while they were out paddling. It sure beats hanging out in the car.

Ideas like that are amazing and with good planning can really make a difference.
Valfromtheboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2005   #4

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Hell yes there should be a dog park area. My dog loves the one here in Boulder. Its really nice to have a place where you can just let them run free without worrying about them getting away. It would be even cooler if there was a doggy day camp where you could leave them during the race, so they don't have to stay tied to a car or whatever. Obviously you would have to press home that the dogs in that area have to be non agressive towards other dogs and people. There are signs all over the Boulder dog park saying that you are liable for your dogs actions, both financially and legally (i.e. if your dog starts a fight and tears another dog up, you get a ticket and have to pay for medical bills). I know my dog would have loved it, especially compared to staying with the car while I was boating. I bet a humane society or pet shop would be all over sponsoring that area. You'd also have to have it next to the water so they can swim and drink.

JH
Electric-Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005   #5

Electric-Mayhem, nobody wants to hear what you have to say. Boulder sucks, so do your posts!!
Chauncey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005   #6

Denver, Colorado
You crack me up Chauncey, I was thinking the same thing
LoopDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005   #7

Systems & Process Design, Colorado
Rock on missing puppy!!! How about posting a picture?
Old 08-22-2005   #8

Lakewood, Colorado
Are you being sarcastic? When did it start being such a crime to be from Boulder? I'm just not sure what the issue is here. If its the fact that I was referencing how things work where I live, then its only because its where I have had experience. It works the same at the other dog parks and such.

JH
Old 08-22-2005   #9

Lakewood, Colorasta
Paddling Since: 1997
Issue is that your initial reply to Val about losing her dog was callous and uncalled for. Do you think she's a friggin idiot? Of course she knows she should have tags for her dog. Wise up Man!! The Boulder sucks comment is just Chauncy friggin with you. Boulder is fine. . . beautiful even. Chauncey with only one post. . . get it?
Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005   #10

Lakewood, Colorado
I realise that my post on her initial post was harsh and that I came off as an asshole, but if you kept reading you'd see that I apologized on two different occasions in that post. If two apologies aren't enough for you then I don't know what to do. Maybe a third one. Val, I appologize for being harsh. I know what its like to have a lost dog and regret saying what I did in the post. I was in a weird mood last night and it showed. I'm sorry I was insensitive.

JH