misbehaving, loose pit bull @ Golden WW park - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 06-24-2005   #1

Golden, Colorado
misbehaving, loose pit bull @ Golden WW park

Please keep your dogs at home when you come to the Golden WW park unless you or a friend are going to stay with them at all times and keep them ON a leash.

Last night a loose pit bull attacked a dog being walked on a leash at the park. Over the years, I've seen lots of problems with loose dogs and unattended dogs tied to bumpers and trees. Now that I have a little kid who likes to come to the WW park with mommy to watch daddy paddle, I give a shit.

It appears to me that kayakers are the biggest offenders at the park, especially when it comes to tying a dog to something and leaving them. I've seen fights between loose dogs and tied up dogs. I've seen tied up dogs lunging out of the trees at the bleacher hole, trying to attack people. Kayaking and dogs do not go together AT ALL. Take up frisbee if you want to share a sport with your dog.

I live in Golden so I go to the park frequently and I'm now officially sick of loose and unattended dogs at the WW park. So sick of it that I'm going to narc. I am in touch with Golden police and code enforcement. I can't believe it has come to this, but I'm telling them that I am a kayaker who lives in Golden and I would love it if the cops would come to the WW park more often and hand out tickets.

Ture is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2005   #2

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
I have a great recipe for loose misbehaving dogs I should share with you. Just 15 minutes of preparation, a hot grill, and you can enjoy a wonderful meal, great for impressing company and friends.

Until next time,

Martha Stewart
Schizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005   #3
gh

pnw, Colorado
Might be over the top with generalization there. My dog does fine at the ww park but he is never unattended and is well behaved. Thats like me saying that all kids are a pain in the ass and should never be brought out in public. Its just too general a statement to be true.
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2005   #4

steamboat, Colorado
attended dog: someone (not in a kayak) is holding the leash.

otherwise, your dog is unattended
latenightjoneser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005   #5

gh wrote:
Quote:
all kids are a pain in the ass and should never be brought out in public.
I agree with gh 100 percent.
bigboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005   #6
GE

I agree with the loose kids being a problem in our public spaces. Please keep all children under the age of 18 on a leash at all times, or leave them at home. They bother me, and are therefore infringing on my rights, and i demand they be restrained.
GE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005   #7

Technology Partner, Littleton, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to mvhyde
ow

all dogs are evil as are their owners, and oh yeah, their kids too... now really....

my dog swims rapids like he's creeking, and my 4.5 yr old kid thinks he's the next EJ and well.... at least he can roll and surf, the kid that is.

Personally, Pitbulls are not really friendly dogs, they're one-person animals with a bad rep that is well deserved and I think they should be shot on sight. They typically do not get along with other dogs, not to mention people. They've been bred and inbred for one thing in mind, fighting.

Most river dogs I have seen are pretty well behaved, although their owners really need to clean up after them. I get tired of stepping in dog crap at Smelter. There are enough bad smells down there from the sewage plant without adding more.
mvhyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005   #8

mvhyde wrote:
Quote:
all dogs are evil as are their owners, and oh yeah, their kids too
I agree with mvhyde to.
bigboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005   #9

Lakewood, Colorasta
Paddling Since: 1997
Hey Ture wanna run Clear Creek of the ARk on Sunday?

call me
Kent
Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2005   #10

Knife Fork of the Spoon Paddling Since: 1984
what kind of dumb shit brings a pit bull to a park and lets it run around off the lease. Pit bull attack = jail time YOU ARE A DUMB SHIT!!
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ark