Middle Narrows Anyone? - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-27-2006   #1

Golden Paddling Since: 2005
Middle Narrows Anyone?

I'm going to be in Fort Fun on Saturday (free all day) and I'm hoping to run the middle narrows. Any takers?

Lucas

teletumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2006   #2

Thornton, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Don't forget to pray

Bob C. in Laramie

B.C.
rockinRio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006   #3

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Middle Narrows Anyone?

I'd love to try it too. Maybe even lower Narrows too. I know I guy about my level who said that he ran lower recently. It wasn’t pretty, but he made it, so… I've never seen it run or tried it. I think that I am ready, at least at this level. From the looks of the basket ball wedged in the rocks on river right just down stream of Supercollider it gets pretty insane at higher water. So I'm down to at least scout it, and probably run it. It would be nice to have someone there, who has done it, but we'll wait and see if that happens. PM me if you would like to hit it up. If not I looked at Pine View today. It's low, but you can probably surf any of the waves, mess around, and have a good time.
bwilkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2006   #4

Pejivalle, Costa Rica
Paddling Since: 1993
silly mistake

I've run m. narrows enough to know that the lower you run it, the worse your ride is going to be. ROCKS ROCKS ROCKS ROCKS. It's not really kayaking at this level. Save your courage for next spring... and your face.
hotchkiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006   #5

185 lb. waste of space, Keeping Glenwood Springs real
Paddling Since: 1864
Just a few thoughts. 1. Pineview is not really the greatest place to surf.
2. Supercollider is not part of lower narrows it is actually the first rapid in uppers.
3. If you are not sure of where rapids are and are planning on running middles which is a completely different story from lowers or uppers and it sounds like everyone is at that level I would kindly suggest not running uppers or lowers seeing how bad things can happen on those runs even at this level.
yourrealdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006   #6

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Re: Middle Narrows Anyone?

1. Pineview is not really the greatest place to surf.

Sure, I agree. What I meant was that a this level you can paddle into any of the waves, not be worried about getting stuck, and try to surf/play in the waves.

2. Supercollider is not part of lower narrows it is actually the first rapid in uppers.

Yeah, it's the big drop with the pointed rock right in the middle, right? I was fully aware that Supercollider was at the beginnging of the Upper Narrows, I'm just terrible at communicating clearly sometimes. When I mentioned the ball I was refering to the level difference in the brevious sentence. Thanks for the opinion thought. I'm not looking to die or get seriously injured, just have some fun. The huge (at least to me) hole on river right at the top the Lower Narrows is what is keeping me cautious. Is that the best reason to hesitate on rinning it? I've never run a class V.
bwilkins is offline   Reply With Quote