Middle Fork is Amazing! - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-14-2018   #1

Steamboat Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
Middle Fork is Amazing!

I had a chance to run the Middle Fork of the Salmon River on June 9th at 4.25 feet. This was an amazing level, would've liked to seen it higher, and a great first trip. If you haven't done it yet, I highly recommend that you beg any friend that gets a permit or put in for one yourself! Who else has done the MFS?

mhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2018   #2
Dipshit with the most.

Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
This is bullshit. Matt isn't it? You are full of fake news.
carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018   #3

More incoherent ramblings from carvedog... what's up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2018   #4
Dipshit with the most.

Bellevue, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1991
Watched the whole vid. Looks like you had a blast. I flipped on that same eddy line in Pistol. Only I had six IKs following me and they all took turns running me over every time I rolled up. Actually thought I was going to swim out of the eddy. Good times.

Glad you received some Middle Fork love.
carvedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018   #5

Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1987
Great video! We launched on the 9th as well. Chalkboard read 4.4?? Anyway, great level. 2 weeks later at about a foot lower it was a completely different river, but still fun. Bugs tore me a new one...very stoked because i got to do my first middle/Main on the first trip. We did a layover across from sunflower on both trips.
wildh2onriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildh2onriver View Post
Great video! We launched on the 9th as well. Chalkboard read 4.4?? Anyway, great level. 2 weeks later at about a foot lower it was a completely different river, but still fun. Bugs tore me a new one...very stoked because i got to do my first middle/Main on the first trip. We did a layover across from sunflower on both trips.
4.4... sure, and it actually rose from rain that night as well. We camped at Pistol 1st night. 30 miles in one day is a haul! We had 21 people, but I still felt like I had it to myself for the most part.
Old 07-15-2018   #7

Pistol definitely has some tricky currents. A few kayakers on my trip flipped there. Luckily, we had no swims the entire trip. 21 people total, and everyone had their heads screwed on right!
Old 07-19-2018   #8

Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Nice video, that is one of the best trips. My group was soo lucky for so long that I thought going to Idaho was a yearly occurrence. Being skunked the last two years has been sad and some people are still waiting for their first trip after years of applying. Come on 2019 lottery...or maybe some pre-permit trips.

Good to see the fake news and stoke propaganda!
kayakfreakus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018   #9

Avon, Colorado
Great video! ?? on low water MFS

Thanks for the video! We are going 8/14-8/19 I assume the water will be lower. What boat do you recommend? Playboat; Jackson SuperStar or more of a river runner Daggar; Axiom? We mostly paddle the Eagle, playboats until Dowd gets over 4.5-5, Wondering if my wife and daughter might want to kayak some, they are ok in Shoshone and the Upper C, thinking there might be some sections they'll want to paddle. Then I can bring both my boats.

Thanks, Campo
campo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018   #10

Golden, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhelm View Post
....or put in for one yourself!
]
They put up a dam a few weeks ago down at the Main confluence. The MFS is a lake now. It should be a fantastic bass fishery soon.

All the trees were logged or burned down and the mountains strip mined to flat nubs.

Flying B Ranch is now a Walmart.

Glad you got on it while it was still there.

So move along, folks. Nothing to see here.
griz is offline   Reply With Quote