Metlako Falls Video - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-09-2010   #1
Fred Gnarquist

carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Metlako Falls Video

Alright well I've had this footage for a while, I finally figured I would just throw it up on the internet. So here it is... Metlako falls
http://soulgypsy.org
http://rfkayakers.blogspot.com

fred norquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2010   #2

x, x
Paddling Since: x
again, nice work. looks higher that the first one too....
bobbuilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010   #3

Moscow, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1995
Nice footy, now about the "epic" music

Props for running that thing, it's certainly a large drop and the footage came out very nicely. My only question, and this is not just directed at you, Fred, is why do kayakers find it necessary to set footage of any drop over 30 feet to the most epic sounding music they can find? Face it, dropping Metlako isn't the dramatic, earth-shattering event that it once was (if it ever was). I mean, a dude ran it in an inner tube. In fact, I think the footage of Palouse in Dream Result suffers from the same problem: great footage undermined by overwrought music. It's kayaking not the Hindenberg disaster or the second coming.

Perhaps I should just shut up and deal, since I'm not dropping 80-something-footers, but I liked the music in your L-dub and Dipper clips much better. At any rate, keep churning out the stoke.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2010   #4

Student
Nice

Nice, I like it.
I also like this
Metlako, but not in a kayak
Beers, Atom....
atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010   #5
Fred Gnarquist

carbondale, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
I agree, the epic music is a little overboard but its a pretty cool song, I like using Dubstep stuff. Metlako is a super safe waterfall besides being tall, tubing it is probably safer, actually.You wont break ur back in a tube, thats for sure. Never said it was the most extreme thing ever done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlyingfish View Post
Props for running that thing, it's certainly a large drop and the footage came out very nicely. My only question, and this is not just directed at you, Fred, is why do kayakers find it necessary to set footage of any drop over 30 feet to the most epic sounding music they can find? Face it, dropping Metlako isn't the dramatic, earth-shattering event that it once was (if it ever was). I mean, a dude ran it in an inner tube. In fact, I think the footage of Palouse in Dream Result suffers from the same problem: great footage undermined by overwrought music. It's kayaking not the Hindenberg disaster or the second coming.

Perhaps I should just shut up and deal, since I'm not dropping 80-something-footers, but I liked the music in your L-dub and Dipper clips much better. At any rate, keep churning out the stoke.
fred norquist is offline   Reply With Quote