Mamba or H-3 ?

retiring my GTX, replacement thoughts at this time are Mamba or H-3
IVish creeking, nothing to heinous, also for big water boat
Thoughts?

airbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2006   #2

Mamba all the way. When you get one buy new because they have "fixed" the linking problem.

I paddle one for a c-1 creek boat. Tracks well, stablity is great and it is fast.

Gary
mountainmiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #3

I bought a Mamba 8.5 last summer. It is an SUV. A luxury one at that. It is big, stable, and fast. For me it has been a great river boat. The outfitting is pretty good, and it is comfortable for bigger paddlers. I'm 6'9'' and about 250. Confluence Kayaks has the 8.5 and others to demo. Other boats you may want to consider are the Diesel(Wavsport), Hoss(Liquid Logic), Super Hero(Jackson), and Pyranha is replacing the H3, but I don't know the name of the new boat. Best of luck with your search. Also Confluence will bring those boats out to Meyer's pool in Arvada for you to try if, if you happen to be in the Denver area.
JB
brokenpaddlejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2006   #4

I bought a Mamba 8.5 last summer. It is an SUV. A luxury one at that. It is big, stable, and fast. For me it has been a great river boat. The outfitting is pretty good, and it is comfortable for bigger paddlers. I'm 6'9'' and about 250. Confluence Kayaks has the 8.5 and others to demo. Other boats you may want to consider are the Diesel(Wavsport), Hoss(Liquid Logic), Super Hero(Jackson), and Pyranha is replacing the H3, but I don't know the name of the new boat. Best of luck with your search. Also Confluence will bring those boats out to Meyer's pool in Arvada for you to try if, if you happen to be in the Denver area.
JB
brokenpaddlejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #5
gh

pnw, Colorado
I vote for the H3. With these two boats it more of a chine or no chine question.
gh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #6

Bozeman, MT
Paddling Since: 2000
The H3 has bean replaced with the Burn and will be an awsome boat. They added a little more voulume about 3 gallons to the bow and stern. I've paddled an H3 for the last two seasons, and I haven't found this boats limit. It can run some serious shit. I love it because it's one of the only creek boat's that does feel like a log. In stead of skidding or slinding around obsticals you carve around them. It's got an incredibly stable feel with great manuverabilty and enough speed. This boat is so versital, it does everything from bump and grind creeking, waterfall pool drop creeking, and big water. The only down side is the stable flat hull surfs you occasionaly if your not flooring it through the meat.
progers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006   #7

The H3 or even an H2. If you want a Big water Boat you need a Chine.
David H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006   #8

Diesel.
surfpiper is offline   Reply With Quote