Magnum Seat Issue...Any Tips? - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-15-2008   #1

Magnum Seat Issue...Any Tips?

Just picked up a Riot Magnum. It's sweet but is it just me or does anyone else find the seat to be a Ball-Crusher!? Hate to be crude but have no other way of describing it. After an hour in the boat things were getting sore....got better a half hour later, but it's probably because things were numb!

Other boats I sat in didn't have such a huge bulge right between the legs. I noticed it initially, but didn't think it would be a big issue. Don't know why it's needed and wondering if anyone has insight as to if I have to go with another boat for a better fit, get used to it (if that's humanly possible), or smash the bulge down and modify somehow...haven't completely fit the boat to me yet, so I could always return it.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

K_Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2008   #2

castle rock, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
My buddy had the same problem and he even has small balls : ) But any way he just took a heat gun to it and used a rolling pin to make it the way he wanted it. Its not the best answer but it worked for him
dograft83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008   #3

Heat gun! Smart...thanks. I was just thinking of smashing it. Could probably get a better form and keep sharp edges from forming with a heat gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dograft83 View Post
My buddy had the same problem and he even has small balls : ) But any way he just took a heat gun to it and used a rolling pin to make it the way he wanted it. Its not the best answer but it worked for him
K_Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2008   #4

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Here's another idea, too...

What if you loosened your backband a few notches and moved your bulkhead back a notch too to compensate? Perhaps you're just trying to sit too far forward in the seat. I had a Magnum for a year and I liked the seat a lot because it held me in a better posture.
Schizzle is offline   Reply With Quote