M-wave article in Kayak Session magazine - Mountain Buzz

Old 11-18-2006   #1

M-wave article in Kayak Session magazine

That was a nice article in Kayak Session magazine on the M-wave. Damn, that magazine has nice pictures.

Alex seemed to give pretty good directions on finding the M-wave. That's fine by me. I always thought people are too sensitive about it. It's better to talk openly about how to behave there and protect access than to not say anything and rely on proper word of mouth getting around to the 1000's of people who know about it.

I'm amazed the place was only discovered 5 years ago.

stof is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2006   #2
gh

pnw, Colorado
Saw the article, personally believe that 'outing' it will be a bad thing.
Old 11-19-2006   #3

Bum
Send a message via MSN to Jiberish
Didn't see the article, but lets be honest...most people know about it already. It is a touchy issue, and the access is very brittle.....I havent been down there in the last year except a few times, and we were the only ones there (unless alex was in town). I think a lot of peeps just don't enjoy the wave as well, as its a tough wave to surf and can beat you down. But I think that people should know how touchy it is... and how easily it could be completly shut down to us kayakers

Ben Guska
Jiberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2006   #4

Please explain the touchiness of the M-wave. The edge of it is accessible from a public road, right? Is the problem just not upsetting the land owner? What is he most concerned about? Trash and noise?
basil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #5

Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
The first rule of mwave is that you do not talk about mwave.
Old 11-21-2006   #6

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
"Outing" the M-wave will forever change kayking for the worst, it is a horrible thing. From now on, no ditch is safe. Soon every ditch in the state will be overrun by bored kayers "going huge"! The new guide book will be Colorado Rivers and Creeks and Ditches. Kayak manufacturers will flock to the new market of "Steep Ditchers", and wavesport will announce it first full on ditch boat in 50 years. Old schoolers will lament the change, but the the young guns running the shit will know that Ditches are where its at. Not to be outdone, Tao Berman, in his latest movie, Ditch 54, will attempt to run the steepest ditch know to man in a straight jacket with a blind fold while getting shot in the face with pellet guns. Its all downhill from here....
deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #7

KVBA TV8 Vail weatherman/Colorado Kayaker, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1992
Send a message via MSN to hobie
Seems the word is out. I guess all we can ask is to be cool and don't ruin it for everyone. To get a clue as to what Alex has been up to out there in western Colorado, check out his new AW ad:

http://www.teamdagger.com/ssp/gallery?c=8&p=1&imgId=61
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #8

Bum
Send a message via MSN to Jiberish
As for touchniness.... just be respectful..... some examples, I try to park out of sight.... wave to the farmers if driving by..... drive slow!!! and dont shit in the woods there.... pick up litter.... anything you can think of that would not make you more noticable while there I guess you could say.......

Just commin sense........this wave can be shut down in the blink of an eye.... I also try to educate people you might see there as well... as it is as unique of a playboat feature as some creek runs are.......that have sketch access

Ben Guska
Jiberish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006   #9

Thought-criminal, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
What about handjobs? Do those farmers like handjobs? Cause I give a mean handjob.
Old 11-21-2006   #10

M

DSP - that's the funniest thing I've read on the buzz in a long, long time. Thank you!!!!!!!

BSOE - you're out of line soldier - but the guy who has the mud bog for a backyard en route to the wave does enjoy a nice tug now and again...do they have ditches in Iraq? With water? I'm just saying, a few well placed sandbags.....

Jibberfish - 303 4 Life!!!!!
twitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kayaking