Lyons or Golden this afternoon? - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-10-2008   #1

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Send a message via AIM to jaffee
Lyons or Golden this afternoon?

Anybody up for boating in Lyons or Golden this afternoon? Carpooling from Boulder?

jaffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2008   #2

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffee View Post
Anybody up for boating in Lyons or Golden this afternoon? Carpooling from Boulder?
Hi Maren,
I may be up for a lyons run tomorrow...play on the wave. give you a call if I can get out early.

~glenn
glreese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008   #3

longmont, Colorado
SSV

I'll be up at the Black Bear Hole around 5:30pm (blue jackson allstar). Hoping to find some partners for a SSV roadside run tonight before there's no water left. I'll be walking the Narrows section but will gladly throw a rope.
Chris
buck123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2008   #4

Fort Collins, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck123 View Post
I'll be up at the Black Bear Hole around 5:30pm (blue jackson allstar). Hoping to find some partners for a SSV roadside run tonight before there's no water left. I'll be walking the Narrows section but will gladly throw a rope.
Chris
I'm headed down to Lyons to play in a bit. I've never ran the SSV run. I'm in a yellow SuperStar. I usually run class V in a creek boat. Are you running it in your playboat?
bwilkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008   #5

longmont, Colorado
SSV

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwilkins View Post
I'm headed down to Lyons to play in a bit. I've never ran the SSV run. I'm in a yellow SuperStar. I usually run class V in a creek boat. Are you running it in your playboat?
Definitely bring your creeker (I'll have mine). It's a bit tight but a short run with easy roadside access and close to the BBhole. You can more easily run the Shelly's Cottages III NSV in the playboat at these levels.
Old 07-10-2008   #6

Denver, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to jaffee
Quote:
Originally Posted by glreese View Post
Hi Maren,
I may be up for a lyons run tomorrow...play on the wave. give you a call if I can get out early.

~glenn
Sounds good. Let me know. I'm free anytime after 2pm.

Maren
jaffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008   #7

Fort Collins, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck123 View Post
Definitely bring your creeker (I'll have mine). It's a bit tight but a short run with easy roadside access and close to the BBhole. You can more easily run the Shelly's Cottages III NSV in the playboat at these levels.
Good call on the creek boat. That was a wild ride.

I also wanted to publicly thank you for being on top of your safety game. My friends will tell you that I'm kind of a masochist when it comes to playing in holes, so I can hang with the best of them. I was still impressed that Chris and his rope made it out of the river before I fought my way out of that ledge hole in 4th steep rapid.
bwilkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008   #8

longmont, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwilkins View Post
Good call on the creek boat. That was a wild ride.

I also wanted to publicly thank you for being on top of your safety game. My friends will tell you that I'm kind of a masochist when it comes to playing in holes, so I can hang with the best of them. I was still impressed that Chris and his rope made it out of the river before I fought my way out of that ledge hole in 4th steep rapid.
Brent, nice self rescue and thanks for the kudos ...I can't believe you managed to stay in your boat after that beat-down! Let's try to get up there again next week if the flows don't drop too much. And keep an eye on the gauge for the PG as I'll try my best to be there if it spikes!