Do you know anyone launching at Lees Ferry on the Colorado to run the Grand between March 19-23? There is a possibility that ten trips will be launching on this five day window and we have one of these permits. We are looking to coordinate with others who will be on the river at the same time.
On March 21, we will launch 5 boat historic replica boats along with five support rafts. This trip will have three 1950’s replica Grand Canyon boats, and two 1960’s replica Canyon boats. We will be rematching photos as we travel through the Grandest of Canyons, and would love to show you the boats and explain their significant history in the pre-Glen Canyon Dam days when only about 1800 people had every been on the river.
The boats replicated include:
1. The 1953 Moulty Fulmer *GEM *- replica built by Tom Martin of Flagstaff.
2. The 1954 P.T. "Pat" Reilly* Susie R* - replica built by Ian Elliot of Ellensburg, WA.
3. The 1955 P.T. "Pat" Reilly *Flavell *replica built by Ian Elliot of Ellensburg, WA.
4. The 1962 P.T. "Pat" Reilly *Susie Too* replica being built by Greg Hatten in Eugene, OR
5. The 1962 Martin Litton *Portola* being replicated by Randy Dersham in Eugene, OR.
A video of the 1950's boats and their replicas will be shown at Marble Canyon Lodge on the evening of the March 20th, the day before the boats launch. Below is a Youtube link to the video trailer in case you are interested. This is our traditional "Eat Hearty For Tomorrow We Die"
dinner and all are welcome to this no host dinner and bar. RSVP's are needed for the Lodge to prepare the appropriate meals. Contact us not the Lodge.
Please pass this on if you know of anyone who will be on the River at this time and ask them to get in touch with us.
Pam and Dave Mortenson
(Pam is the trip leader)