Looking to borrow/rent shredder - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-04-2011   #1

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Looking to borrow/rent shredder

So, I'm looking to borrow or rent a shredder (or one of the similar setups like the culebra or paddlecat, etc...). Just want to try one out before buying.

Any suggestions?

Advertisement

Old 08-04-2011   #2

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 4Eva
We've got a Culebra in our rental fleet.

Rentals/Demos | 4CORNERS RIVERSPORTS
4CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011   #3

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
I've got a shredder - if you want to head up Boulder way - maybe for a run on Clear Creek or the Cache la Poudre for a quick R2?
raftus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2011   #4

Frisco, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
I bought the Hyside Paddlecat last season. Worth every penny.
Old 08-06-2011   #5

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Thanks for the offer Raftus, that would be great to meet up to R2. When might you be getting out next?

Palidog, any big advantages of the paddlecat over the shredder or culebra?
Old 08-06-2011   #6
4Life

Moustacheville, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by palidog View Post
I bought the Hyside Paddlecat last season. Worth every penny.
Amen. Just make sure you get the 3rd or 4th generation with the metal d-rings and hard plastic nipples!
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011   #7

welch, Oklahoma
Paddling Since: 1976
go with the hyside . I have one and really like it much better than a shedder. I looked at shredder and after talking with people that owned them I bought the hyside.
ranchman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011   #8

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Ranchman44 - why do you prefer the Hyside? I've paddled the Culebra and didn't like how high the floor was, it made my sitting position awkward. I like my shredder but I haven't paddled a paddlecat so I can't make that comparison (But I do love my 14' hyside).

Funkins - I work nights, lately 6 a week - so pretty much anyday works for me. What's you schedule look like? Anyone else want to join in and bring another shredder/paddlecat/culebra? Either Poudre (Steven's down) or clear creek (Lawson to town or Kermits to above Black Rock)?
raftus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011   #9

welch, Oklahoma
Paddling Since: 1976
the tubes are a little wider apart and the hyside is out of heplon [sp] the shedder is lighter and folds up smaller but the material does not hold up as well as the hyside . the paddle cat wts 48# I paddle some of the creeks in ark Like richland and and the easyiest thing on that creek is an 8 ' water fall. some shedders also paddle that creek and those guys like my hyside better. I have also paddled the culbrea, and in fact have 2 grandes, I liked it ok but like you said it does float higher. I ran the numbers in a culbrea and really had a great time .I think you just need to figure out which would be best for your use . They are all great boats and I don't think you can go wrong with any of them
ranchman44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011   #10
Don

Preacher of the Profit Paddling Since: 1990
Shredder

I'm taking a friend down Lawson Sunday around 10:30 and would love to hook up with other Shredders. I have a buddy looking for a guide to lead his Shredder till he makes to convert from kayak you me a line if anyone is in.