Looking to borrow Groover/Ammo Can.... - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-30-2011   #1

, Colorado
Looking to borrow Groover/Ammo Can....

Headed to Westwater 10/5-10/7. Anyone around the Vail Valley kind enough to lend a Groover or other acceptable crapper device??

I assure you, it's only there to please the rangers....

Also, will the rangers accept a bottom half of a keg as an acceptable fire pan?

Sedated is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2011   #2

Ute City, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
The reason you bring a groover is not to please the rangers but to please the next persons who use that campsite. You should buy your own,
they are required on all permit rivers and are a important piece of a rafters equip. No the rangers will not accept a keg bottom for a firepan you idiot. You need to buy one of these too because they are also required on all river to keep assholes like you from trashing the place and starting wildfires. You need to respect our rivers and the rangers that serve us. Listen to all the ranger tells you at the put in and maybe you will learn something.
quinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #3
fat guy in a little boat

FtC / Rancho del Rio, Colorado
Paddling Since: 8AM
call rimrock in fruita. pretty sure they rent groovers, and probly a fire pan too.
rangers at westwater won't let you go if you don't have the proper equipment. and use that groover. it sucks smelling a turd under every rock less than 20 pounds.
get a real fire pan and pack out them ashes. lots of other people go down there every year. try to be smart about you camp setup.
amen.

All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine.
- Spicoli
bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2011   #4

Glenwood Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1987
Anyone have any life jacket do-hickies I can borrow? I can assure that I won't use them-gotta please them rangers at the put in though...

Which legit camp are you going to shit all over?
wildh2onriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #5

, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by quinoa View Post
The reason you bring a groover is not to please the rangers but to please the next persons who use that campsite. You should buy your own,
they are required on all permit rivers and are a important piece of a rafters equip. No the rangers will not accept a keg bottom for a firepan you idiot. You need to buy one of these too because they are also required on all river to keep assholes like you from trashing the place and starting wildfires. You need to respect our rivers and the rangers that serve us. Listen to all the ranger tells you at the put in and maybe you will learn something.
Calm yourself buddy. I don't need lectures on not shitting all over Westwater campgrounds. Have no intentions to do so.
Sedated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011   #6

conifer, Colorado
Really! What did you mean by it's only to please the rangers? It's people like you who shouldn't get a permit. Take a dump in your cooler to teach yourself a lesson, senor douche...should have figured-you own a gopro.
mr. compassionate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #7

portland, Oregon
Paddling Since: 1991
My rangers are pretty impressed that we've figured out how to shit in a bucket!!!

A bunch of Wag bags, a 5 gallon pail, gamma lid. How cheap are you?
Old 10-01-2011   #8

Nosebleed, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1977
Hey Drew Stern form Vail! Hope you find another sport soon. Preferably one with pooping facilities provided by some responsible party. Anybody know this guy?
funrivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #9

prescott, Arizona
Paddling Since: 1982
yeah, he's the guy who lives down the street from you.
every evening he walks his dog down to your yard to take a dump!
86304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011   #10

Montrose, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
I'm not sure why people feel the need to act this rudely on the Buzz. The guy said he's not planning to crap all over the Westwater campsites. Maybe he's doing a day trip. Maybe he's got Wag Bags and a bucket like Avatard recommended. Who knows? But why do people have to assume the worst and start berating people they don't know? There's a guy here whose only post ever is calling a stranger an idiot and an asshole... uncool.

FYI, last week the rangers told me you could use Wag Bags and a leakproof container for the groover, and it needs to be sufficient for the size of your group.
Duckins is online now   Reply With Quote