Looking for weekday paddlers - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-28-2014   #1
swimming

behind your mom, Colorado
Looking for weekday paddlers

I have a pretty solid weekend crew (always looking to add though) but my work schedule got flipped and I work opposite shifts as the guy I normally paddle mid-week with. Looking to paddle front range stuff or anywhere within 3-4 hours of Denver. Class 3/4 boater looking to push into solid class 4 before the season is over. I've done, and am comfortable with a lot of harder runs at low water- pine creek at 600, numbers up to 1000, royal gorge in a playboat at 1000, Poudre middle/lower narrows at 1.25, poudre park at 3'.

Goals for the season are Royal Gorge close to peak, Numbers above 1500, Slaughterhouse, Bailey and Gore walking the Vs, Upper - Lower clear creek, Maybe lower boulder creek. Also looking to get some play boating skills. Interested in any runs that will get me there.

This is my 3rd year boating, safety conscious, good fitness, I've taken up to dive rescue international level 2 swift water and I'm also a paramedic for almost 9 years.

streetdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2014   #2

i am more than interested in some boulder creek fun, park, town, and from fourmile. unemployed right now so may as well!!
redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014   #3

I live in Fraser and work half days so can get a run on the Fraser (III+) in the morning or afternoon most days. Let me know anytime you want to run it - should have a few more weeks of decent flow left....
jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2014   #4
-k-

Denver via GJ, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
I have every other Friday off starting this Friday, based out of Edwards so eagle, ark, clear creek, slaughterhouse are all in my realm. Also a III-IV boater working toward Bailey in August.

Sent from my iPhone using Mountain Buzz
Old 05-28-2014   #5
swimming

PM'ed everybody

-Nick
Old 05-28-2014   #6

GJ, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdoctor View Post
PM'ed everybody

-Nick
Not sure I want to go there at current ~peak flows, but I'd jump at the chance to hit Slaughterhouse, Bogan, Byers, and Fraser while they last.

You know how to reach me.

Also looks like the Black Boxes are set to run this weekend...
Old 05-28-2014   #7
swimming

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesee View Post
Not sure I want to go there at current ~peak flows, but I'd jump at the chance to hit Slaughterhouse, Bogan, Byers, and Fraser while they last.

hahaha you have PM's turned off, was thinking of trying to hit Fraser Monday, Boulder Canyon next Wednesday, and something sunday…. maybe glenwood area

Nick
Old 05-28-2014   #8

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2012
Hey,

I think I'm in a similar position. I work 9-5 in Denver (Boo), but would love to get something after work during the week and I'm looking to paddle sat/sun.

Just ran granite-numbers Saturday at 2k (portaged Pine Creek, but not triple drop) and now I really wanna get on some higher water again. That was fun.

I'd love to get to paddle sometime.
quesihealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014   #9
GoBro

BZN, Montana
Paddling Since: 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesee View Post

I think black boxes is a bigger undertaking, with higher consequences and much more committing than the other runs you are concerned about. Let's not have a Zion Narrows type scenario develop.

I've not run black boxes so take that for whatever it's worth.
Old 05-28-2014   #10

GJ, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn View Post
I think black boxes is a bigger undertaking, with higher consequences and much more committing than the other runs you are concerned about. Let's not have a Zion Narrows type scenario develop.

I've not run black boxes so take that for whatever it's worth.
My understanding of the run and your assumption are one and the same: I don't belong in there without someone that's been there before. Which is why I "mentioned" (ahem: trolled for takers) it.