looking for vail valley boaters - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-27-2005   #1

looking for vail valley boaters

i am looking for other people to kayak with in and around the vail valley after work 4-5 pm on weekdays. i have been kayaking since the end of last season and am comfortable with class III water, and play. let me know, thanks. Joe Sipe. 970 949 1687

tele is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2005   #2

Eagle County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
I've been taking my raft out once or twice a week after work running from near my house in Edwards down to Wolcott. You can tag along sometime if you like. It is II+/III- with Trestle being III/III+ at the end.
WhiteLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005   #3

Snowmaker/Snowcat driver
Give me a shout sometime, Im in the area. I kayak, and I have a 16' cat that I enjoy taking down the Eagle, so either one of you can shoot me an email at [email protected]

Ken
Showboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2005   #4

Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E
Tele,I hate to be the bearer of bad news-----but there are no vail boaters unless you want to hook up with wannabes and reps that fluff themselves on the internet about running drops upside down or maybe ski school folks who walk off all the runs they try to do,maybe even some of the pros out there that fire homesteak at 77 cfs...You might want to rephrase your post as "any front rangers want to paddle in vail" then maybe you won't get posts about rafts or playboating pukes with stickers of the company they wished knew who they were...So I guess i'll shout out for ya,any of you real paddlers from the front range want to fire some vail drops and guide me down the runs?We are seriously lacking in talent up here and I'm done watching videos and want to find some people that actually like to paddle...Thanks in advance Tele..

Your welcome bro,just trying to help out a fellow paddler
Gary
Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005   #5

Hey Gary E.... what size shirt do you wear and do you have a thick neck?
Old 06-28-2005   #6

Jackson, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 94
Send a message via Yahoo to Gary E
Come on wisegirl,I'm just trying to help...I pretty sure I don't want the shirt you have in mind?LOL
Gary E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005   #7

Oh my dear Gary E..... I'm just trying to help too. Both you and the other front rangers, so they don't get a bad rap and all.

And it's not a t-shirt I want you to have, but a very comfortable fitting straight jacket and a super man cape - because you're very special.

"Psychotic disorders are a group of serious illnesses that affect the mind. These illnesses alter a person's ability to think clearly, make good judgements, respond emotionally, communicate effectively, understand reality and behave appropriately. When symptoms are severe, people with psychotic disorders have difficulty staying in touch with reality and often are unable to meet ordinary demands of daily life. However, even the most severe psychotic disorders usually are treatable"

The good news is, it's going to be ok, there are many other dillusional people out there. YOU ARE NOT ALONE and one day you'll learn to communicate effectively (not putting words in other people's mouths, etc.), understand reality (there are great boaters in Vail, etc.) and just be able to stay in touch with reality in general (come up and boat in Vail, with great boaters, etc.).

Good luck tiger.
Old 06-28-2005   #8

Redcliff, Colorado
Tele,
Definetly call Gary E. if you want beta on paddling around the Vail area...'course you'll have to listen to him spray about running some retarded drop at high water, usually goes something like " I cleaned it bro, made all three strokes but then I missed the eddy and took the beat down of my life; nobody tried it after they saw my run, but it was all good except for my shoulder. Oh well, I'll be hittin' it next year"

Seriously, stop in at Mountain Quest or Alpine, they both have message boards and I've seen some looking for partners notes. Good luck man and welcome, hope to see you on the river.

Charlie
cebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005   #9

Tele-

I live over in Summit County, and myself and a few friends boat after work quite a bit. I lived in Vail for a long time too, and have paddled around there quite a bit.

I'm not a hairboater like Gary, but I really don't aspire to be like him either. THrow me a line. -B
blurredelevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005   #10

Eagle County, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2002
Aparently Gary is upset that Class III boaters (and I am a kayaker too) don't want to go see how cool he is.
WhiteLightning is offline   Reply With Quote