Looking for tandem whitewater canoeists - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-23-2011   #1

Ridgway, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1970
Looking for tandem whitewater canoeists

Looking for tandem canoeists to boat with on Dolores and other Class I-III rivers. We're are located in southwestern Colorado. If you are a whitewater canoeist or know one please contact us.

evanslowande is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2011   #2

denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1977
Check out the Rocky Mountain Canoe Club. It is based in the Denver/Boulder area but has a Dolores trip scheduled this coming weekend.
kerry edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011   #3

RMCC has a Dolores trip starting Friday, see: Schedule

That Club gets a good turnout for their Colorado River Rendezvous in July, too.

I have a partner who wants to paddle FIBArk's long race OC2 this year.

I canoe the Gunny Gorge once or twice a year and prefer to go tandem. Should be tandeming the Ark a few times this year, too.
cadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2011   #4

Ridgway, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1970
Thank you for the RMCC trip schedule. We are interested in doing the Gunny Gorge and the Ark. If you are looking for company when you run them give us a call. 970-626-4194. The Dolores sounds like it will be mobbed this weekend so we're thinking middle of the week would be a better time to try it. We're interested in doing a multi-day trip but we're open to a day trip.
evanslowande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadster View Post
RMCC has a Dolores trip starting Friday, see: Schedule

That Club gets a good turnout for their Colorado River Rendezvous in July, too.

I have a partner who wants to paddle FIBArk's long race OC2 this year.

I canoe the Gunny Gorge once or twice a year and prefer to go tandem. Should be tandeming the Ark a few times this year, too.

I did the FIBARK DR race in an OC2 for quite a few years starting in the epic year of 95. (I was the bow man) I can't remember what the flow was but we could very well see the same kind of flow this year. We had to hug the float bags to get under the Cotopaxi bridge. We swam once in a rapid that probably only existed that year.

I have a photo on my wall of us going through Cottonwood. It looks like we're in the grand canyon. After that year every other year seemed boring
cmike1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011   #6

We were the only open canoe to go 26 miles. Our unofficial time was 2:49 with an average speed of 9 mph. We stopped only twice. Once to bail after Bear Creek and next to recover from our flip in Cottonwood. The flip was the only disappointment and didn't keep us from having fun.

I think the best ever FIBArk time was set by Andy Corra yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmike1 View Post
I did the FIBARK DR race in an OC2 for quite a few years starting in the epic year of 95. (I was the bow man) I can't remember what the flow was but we could very well see the same kind of flow this year. We had to hug the float bags to get under the Cotopaxi bridge. We swam once in a rapid that probably only existed that year.
I have a photo on my wall of us going through Cottonwood. It looks like we're in the grand canyon. After that year every other year seemed boring
cadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011   #7

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1996
hey,
i live near durango and paddle open boats. it looks like i didn't find your message in time for the dolores but if you're ever down this way look me up and we'll go paddling!
Jim

Tags
canoe