Looking for Paddler friends in Denver - Mountain Buzz

Old 02-08-2008   #1

Looking for Paddler friends in Denver

Hi there. I recently moved to Denver. I haven't met any paddlers yet. I'm an easy going 27 year old female. I work a professional job but enjoy hanging out in the evenings and on weekends. I paddled class III-IV whitewater and love to playboat. Please email me if you are interested in hanging out sometime.

Many thanks,
Moriya
[email protected]
304-731-9747

gypsytemptress is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2008   #2

When the season rolls around, post when you want to go out or respond to the posts of others and you will typically get some good responses. Things are a little dead right now with no water.

COUNT
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008   #3

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Send a message via AIM to craven_morhead
I'll be looking for Denver paddling partners too; I've got an internship in town from mid-May through mid-August. I usually playboat to IV-, creek to Vish.
craven_morhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2008   #4

Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Here's another paddler (three actually - me, my wife, and our son) that just moved to the area from Arkansas. We're mainly into III - IV type stuff and playboating. Can't wait till we get some water!
Joel_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008   #5

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
New too

I just moved to Boulder a couple of months ago and need to meet paddlers as well. I suck at playboating, but like doing it anyway. I would like to do some class IV- to V- creekboating when stuff starts getting going. My girlfriend is into boating as well, but she sucks, she needs to get a ducky. When stuff starts flowing, give me a ring.

Clayton
541 490 5182.
Claytonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008   #6
Likes it wet.

Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytonious View Post
I just moved to Boulder a couple of months ago and need to meet paddlers as well. I suck at playboating, but like doing it anyway. I would like to do some class IV- to V- creekboating when stuff starts getting going. My girlfriend is into boating as well, but she sucks, she needs to get a ducky. When stuff starts flowing, give me a ring.

Clayton
541 490 5182.
I know I'm not being useful for posting this... but Clayton have you ever thought that your girlfriend sucks because you haven't given her much attention boating wise on and off the river? You should cut her a break and help her out a little more... or find someone who can. I have never met one person who starts boating and sucks under the guidance of a good teacher, professional or other-wise.

Good luck... and don't give up on her. Fuck the Ducky... that truly isn't fun and you know it.
LiquidGuy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008   #7
God Amongst Men

Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidGuy87 View Post
Fuck the Ducky... that truly isn't fun and you know it.
hey now....we're all friends here! and its just as fun, maybe it doesnt induce quite the thick, full chest hair growth that kayaking does, but ducky'n has it's uses!
Old 02-24-2008   #8

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidGuy87 View Post
I know I'm not being useful for posting this... but Clayton have you ever thought that your girlfriend sucks because you haven't given her much attention boating wise on and off the river? You should cut her a break and help her out a little more... or find someone who can. I have never met one person who starts boating and sucks under the guidance of a good teacher, professional or other-wise.

Good luck... and don't give up on her. Fuck the Ducky... that truly isn't fun and you know it.
You are right. You are not being usefull. First, I was kidding. Second, I think for some people, duckies are the way to go. I have seen some people stomp serious class V in duckies.
Claytonious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008   #9
Likes it wet.

Seattle, Washington
Paddling Since: 2006
Fine fine... I guess when I break both legs... and lose both hips... I'll start paddling a ducky.
LiquidGuy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008   #10
God Amongst Men

Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
im gonna hold you to that!

and clayton: yes, duckies are the way to go for some people. i have a destroyed left shoulder and cannot roll my 'yak on either side without it subluxin' on me, so in order to keep paddling, the IK is the only way I can go until i can afford to get fixed