Looking for paddle buddies - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-23-2011   #1

Lakewood, Colorado
Looking for paddle buddies

Just started back paddling last year and am looking for people to paddle with. Have done some paddling in the Grand Canyon and out east this year but havent been on the Colorado rivers for awhile now. Would like to start slow with Class 3 and maybe some 4's until I get use to the rivers here.

Melanie

melcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2011   #2

Montrose, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
Hit me up/PM me if you're ever on the west slope/San Juans/Gunny country. The snowpack overhere is getting better everyday!
lookinathesun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011   #3
fat guy in a little boat

FtC / Rancho del Rio, Colorado
Paddling Since: 8AM
Yo i'll paddle with ya. I'm up in FoCo. The poudre's startin to flow a bit. I usually paddle alone, which I know is pretty stupid, so I'm always looking for people to float with. I'm starting on easier stuff for now too till I knock the rust off a bit. Hit me up if your ever in Ft.C.
-Ben
bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2011   #4

Lakewood, Colorado
Sounds good Ben. i am heading to Buena Vista this weekend but for sure when I get back I will catch up with you. I have alot of free time so I can get up there most any day.
Mel
Old 05-24-2011   #5

I too am looking for some newbies to paddle with. Ive have 10 years of flat water back east but just a two day river coarse out here on the white stuff. still working on my roll... anyways im always willing to go! mike @970-7fourfour-99four7
mike-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011   #6
fat guy in a little boat

FtC / Rancho del Rio, Colorado
Paddling Since: 8AM
Right on guys. Come on up and hit the poudre sometime. filterplant is runnin ok but i wanna go up to bridges once this rain stops. I sold my yak cause it tried to kill me, so I just paddle ducks nowadays. kinda wanna see bridges at least at 1.7ish so I don't scrape, but it's been above that for a week or so. I'm down anytime someone wants to come to FoCo!! PM me or gimme a call. 970-488-9590. amen
bigben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011   #7

Front Range, "Beautiful Colorado"
Paddling Since: 1996
I'm in Morrison and am too always looking for new float friends. It's early and the 3 - 4's are on my list for this season. I'm a seasoned IV/V boater who is getting older and just out of surgery 3 yrs ago (shoulder). So I stick with the standards (at normal cfs) here in CO aka Bailey Gore etc

Runs I'll be hitting after work over the next weeks until it starts going big and getting warm .... Foxton, Clear Creek, etc. We all know them but these are my back yard.

I'm a fly by the seat of the pants after work guy but plan and schedule more for the weekend travels and adventures. So PM me if your interested and I'll give you my contact info.

Keep those fingers crossed and lets have a great season. Good luck and be safe out there..
Old 05-25-2011   #8

I am in

I am always looking for more kayak friends. I live in lakewood and try and get out as much as I can around the front range and try and travel a little on the weekends. I will PM you with my phone and contact info.
cwcowan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011   #9

Lakewood, Colorado
I love the paddling community! I look forward to meeting all of you guys and having a blast this summer! I work from home so you I can always jump in the car and head out.