Looking for paddle buddies - Mountain Buzz

Old 1 Week Ago   #1

Looking for paddle buddies

Traveling to CO this spring/summer. I have friends out there but they don't do whitewater. I am experienced- learned to paddle on the Potomac/the James. anyone willing to buddy up for future trips? When do folks like to start getting out on the water?

Really looking forward to getting to CO.

JamesRiverGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 6 Days Ago   #2

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
Just issued last night

Colorado Governor Jared Polis has issued a statewide stay at home order going into effect Thursday at 6 a.m. until April 11.
"Now is the time to stay at home," Polis says, adding that "the patriotism of those who take this seriously will save countless lives."
According to the Governor's Office:
  • Coloradoans must stay home unless for necessary business
  • Critical businesses are exempt from this Executive Order
Critical businesses must comply with social distancing requirements
MNichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #3

Albuquerque, New Mexico
By summer we will either get through this and re-open our economy or head toward anarchy. We have only 2 roads ahead, and the Politicians, Media and the Sheepble will decide our fates before too long. Its spring now, and traveling is not a good idea. I would assume April is out, and May is a long shot at this point. Hopefully we just come out of this in May with hopeless debt we can put off a few more years before it really falls apart and we can get some some boating in this summer.
DidNotWinLottery is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 6 Days Ago   #4

For us, outdoor exercise is allowed as long as social distancing is respected. Maybe that's not the vibe in CO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNichols View Post
Just issued last night

Colorado Governor Jared Polis has issued a statewide stay at home order going into effect Thursday at 6 a.m. until April 11.
"Now is the time to stay at home," Polis says, adding that "the patriotism of those who take this seriously will save countless lives."
According to the Governor's Office:
  • Coloradoans must stay home unless for necessary business
  • Critical businesses are exempt from this Executive Order
Critical businesses must comply with social distancing requirements
JamesRiverGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #5

Salida, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1983
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesRiverGuy View Post
For us, outdoor exercise is allowed as long as social distancing is respected. Maybe that's not the vibe in CO?

Well, it is for locals, they are trying to stop visitors from coming and introducing the virus. All our hotels are shut down, anything that's deemed non essential is shut down, I laughed when they declared the pot shops essential, but they are drive thru only. Chaffee and Fremont counties where I live have pulled in the welcome mat and Gunnison went as far as to close the town to visitors. Stay away is the word of the day. Summit county, a super tourist destination hasn't done any of this, and last I heard they have 130+ cases of the virus.
MNichols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #6

Eagle, Colorado
As of 10am this morning Summit had 10 cases active..... Its Eagle who is off the charts.... 120+
Nubie Jon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Hour Ago   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesRiverGuy View Post
The kicker is the shuttle. I'm thinking of my friends with trucks - one person rides in the back, the other in the front and we're golden!

Actually it sounds like the first wave will be over by June, so we might be able to have a semi-normal season. It doesn't look like a very promising season though.
jaffy is online now   Reply With Quote