Looking for a WW kayak - Mountain Buzz

Old 07-31-2008   #1

Looking for a WW kayak

I've been white water canoeing for the past 3 years and have tandemd and soloed class 3 rapids. Do you have any suggestions on kayaks?

pmantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2008   #2

Some info that will help us give you a better answer:

What is your height and weight?
Do you have abnormally large feet?
Are you looking for something to playboat in? River-run? Creek? River-play combo?
Do you want to step it up from class III or just chill out?

COUNT
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #3

Try C1ing - all the fun of a 1 bladed paddle without your boat filling up with water
oopsiflipped is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2008   #4

Im 5 foot 8 inches and way 120 pounds. I probably just wanna chill and fool around. I want more of a combo boat really thats not incredibly short.
pmantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #5

Okay, so you're probably looking at a river-play boat or a river runner. New boats that may be good to look at are:

Dagger Rx
Pyrhana Ammo
Wavesport EZG (be wary of faulty plastic)
Jackson Fun
Jackson Hero
LiquidLogic Vision
LiquidLogic CR

Used boats to look at include:
Pyrhana Inazone
Wavesport Diesel
Wavesport EZ
Wavesport ZG
Dagger Id

There are many more boats that would be good. Most of these boats come in multiple sizes. Any more information on what you want to do with the boat and what kind of attributes you like in a boat would help narrow things down but the big thing is DEMO, DEMO, DEMO. You want a boat that is comfortable and everyone fits in boats differently. Plus any shop will give you credit towards a purchase if you demo.

COUNT
COUNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008   #6

Indian Hills, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmantis View Post
Im 5 foot 8 inches and way 120 pounds. I probably just wanna chill and fool around. I want more of a combo boat really thats not incredibly short.
You'd probably be happiest in a roughly 50 gallon boat circa 2002 or newer. See Eddyflower.com for a great list of boats and specs. Since there are many boats in that category, I recommend that you find out what's available in your area, then come back and post "...what do you guys think about the __(fill in boats that are available)___..." Asking a bunch of whitewater enthusiasts what kind of boat to get after whitewater canoeing is like asking a bunch of sports car nuts what kind of car to get after having driven a p/u truck...pretty open ended. Windowshades gave some pretty good advice above.
DanOrion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kayaking