Looking for a multi day woman's kayak camp close by MT - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1988
Looking for a multi day woman's kayak camp close by MT

My wife would like to find a school or camp to go to as a beginner kayaker. Shes done one intro deal and paddled some class 2 but she doesnt want to just give it hell old school. She hates macho shit and digs hangn with gjrls who go for it. Shes a former national champion boxer and had her first pro fight last week ! Were in bozo and looking within 10 hrs or so. Multi day deal would be awsome. Or a school thats awsome too. Any recommendations?Thanks charlie

Pinchecharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2

Cd'A, Idaho
It's not female-specific, but you should keep your eyes open for info on the Pincher Creek festival in Alberta this year. I went in 2012 or 2013 (fuzzy memory, sorry), and it was amazing. Super welcoming and just an unbelievably inclusive environment for families and dirtbags alike. Honestly, coming from my background in N. Idaho, where kayakers mostly find their crew and keep to themselves, being at the Pincher Creek festival was like walking into some kind of hippy commune where everyone was welcome. Tons of on-the-water lessons for all levels, and endless semi-organized group floats. Communal dinners, great variety of spread-out campsites for quiet families or drunk partiers, demos, the whole shebang. I was seriously impressed.

Edit: damn, I guess I had the wrong name for the festival, and it looks like it's already happened. Anyway, you should check this out next spring: https://www.albertawhitewater.ca/civ...?id=44&reset=1
Elvez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #3

Bozeman, Montana
Wave Train in Bozeman offers adult three day kayak courses right here in Bozeman, as well as private instruction.
Adult Kayak Class ‚ÄĒ Wave Train Kayak Team

Rendezvous River Sports in Jackson offers adult kayak classes as well, and sometimes they even have womenís specific classes.
Women's Specific Lessons | Rendezvous River Sports
Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago   #4

Bozeman, Montana
Cool thanks! Missed pincher its nay 19th-23rd . Next year maybe! She did the wave train last year and it was good bt it was and is a "intro" deal and to keep going costs a bunch for private instruction. Was great for first timers though and the kids programs are awsome! Cant wait till the little one can go! Emailed jackson too and they responded with private instruction. I guess maybe they hadnt had enough for a class yet? Thinking about flying her to the rouge and sundance womans thing. Id just like her to have her own boat and stuff. Its a 17hr drive yikes. Any colorado stuff you may know about? Same old thing, want her to have fun so its not just being scared in the water but fun. Thanks for replies
Old 1 Week Ago   #5

Kalispell, Montana
Paddling Since: 1997
https://www.montanakayakacademy.com/adult-classes
July 20-21 up near Glacier

Ladies on the Lochsa is usually late June or early July. Run by some incredibly strong women out of Missoula. If she's interested, I can look for more info.
MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #6

Bozeman, Montana
By the time you drive that far and buy all that gas you might as well just go with private instruction. Itíll be hard to find a group class thatís not beginner oriented and sheíll get so much more out of a day or two of one on one instruction. Dave and Megan at Wave Train are amazing teachers. Ladies on the Lochsa is great, but itís not for beginners. Itís big water class 4 and you should have a solid combat roll before attempting it. Itís more of a fun meetup; there is no instruction offered.
Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #7

Bozeman, Montana
Thanks for the advice i apreciate it. Signed her up for 2 days private and a 2 day group down river in jackson. I think the snakes a super easy fun learning river and its a nice place to hang for a few days. Really stoked her out for fall with a all womans 6 day on the main salmon with that same group from california. Cost a ton but i just sold a toy and i want her to have a crazy adventure. They will let her hard shell easy stuff or any they think shes ready fir and she can hitch hike on the rafts or a ducky if she wants. I want to go to but ...its justs the girls! Shes stoked! Were doing tons of flat and 2/3 this summer and with the 4 days in jackson she should be at least ready to swim lol! Thanks. Megan has had my wife and my daughter in the river and my 6 yr old will go someday i hope. So nothing but kudos to them just sometines its nice to be away from home. The rogue desl looks awsome for a new paddler too. Zoo town was funny they said just go kayak! Thanks again and ill post a link to the salmon deal if other ladies may be interested. Not tech savoy but the trips on this page. Hollistic paddle retreat or some fu fu shit. Thanks again kots of solid advice!!
https://www.cwwcollective.com/