LOGs: SSV Race: PHOTOS - Mountain Buzz

Old 06-11-2012   #1

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
LOGs: SSV Race: PHOTOS

Hey all. I shot quite a few photos during the SSV Creek race. Thought I'd post up and share with all of ya. They are posted on my Facebook profile, so, let me know if you're able to view them. If not, I will try and make an album on here. We'll see.

Here's the link:
Lyons Outdoor Games: Adam Barron Memorial SSV Creek Race | Facebook

Enjoy! Lemme know what you think!

- Alex

Advertisement

Old 06-11-2012   #2

Lakewood, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1989
Dig!
Old 06-11-2012   #3

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I love that you got pics of the fella that finished the lap with the strategically placed extra paddle at Paddle Ripper. I believe Dave Frank was the genius that thought that would be a good place for an extra paddle! It was fun to see the paddle toss and watch him head on down. Strong work, especially since he finished the lap even though he was DQ'd on that particular lap.
Fun race to watch and a good time overall.
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2012   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ednaout View Post
I love that you got pics of the fella that finished the lap with the strategically placed extra paddle at Paddle Ripper. I believe Dave Frank was the genius that thought that would be a good place for an extra paddle! It was fun to see the paddle toss and watch him head on down. Strong work, especially since he finished the lap even though he was DQ'd on that particular lap.
Fun race to watch and a good time overall.

Yeah Definitely! Really strong work. I wish I had gotten pictures of the paddle toss from the bank, but i was awe-struck at the focus, composure, charge and determination that he had.

OH, and I have a few shots of you too, Beth. I'll have those posted later tonight or tomorrow. . MUWHAHA.
Old 06-11-2012   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hojo View Post
Dig!
Thanks brotha!
Old 06-11-2012   #6

Boulder, Colorado
ahh yeaaa....did you get some of me rockin the side surf to windowshade finished up with a double attempt roll? Awesome. Those pros are sooo lucky I didn't compete!
Old 06-12-2012   #7

Quote:
ahh yeaaa....did you get some of me rockin the side surf to windowshade finished up with a double attempt roll? Awesome. Those pros are sooo lucky I didn't compete!
You mean like this one? You should have competed and just did this for all of your points. Pros got nuthin' on you. I posted a few more of ya in the Album on Facebook. Check 'em out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AS1_1010.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	2.13 MB
ID:	4810  
Old 06-12-2012   #8

Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
Quote:
I watched the womens finals and as it turns out you could have taken 3rd place with a side surf....
green.zorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012   #9

Boulder, Colorado
Quote:
You mean like this one?

Actually, what you can't see is that was one of those - drop in sideways and intentionally window shade/roll in the hole to 360 to loop. Its worth A LOT of points. Its okay that you only got the first shot of my linked tricks...My moves are so fast, they are hard to capture - even with high speed film, but good try.

B
Old 06-13-2012   #10

Front Range, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborne2504 View Post
Yeah Definitely! Really strong work. I wish I had gotten pictures of the paddle toss from the bank, but i was awe-struck at the focus, composure, charge and determination that he had.

OH, and I have a few shots of you too, Beth. I'll have those posted later tonight or tomorrow. . MUWHAHA.
I was really hoping someone got the paddle toss as well. That would have been a sweet pic.
justin.payne is offline   Reply With Quote