Lets Go Kayaking !!! - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-12-2004   #1

Lets Go Kayaking !!!

Hey, I am new to the paddling scene but will advance quite quickly I am sure. I just need to get some gear and get out there. Who's with me?

Also I was told by some of my new paddling buddies that “SWIMMER” is a good name for mountain buzz, but I am not sure why.

Anyway, if anyone is looking to do some kayaking and they don’t mind if I borrow some gear, post your info under this message and I will give you a call.

Sweet! Talk to you soon.

Swimmer - Jay Hazelrigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2004   #2

yea

Um yea swimmer means someone who couldn't roll up in a kayak and had to take a swim in the river.Not a very good name to have. as for going out sometime, learn the basics before you get into the river.
Full_Tilt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004   #3

Geologist, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
Yeah, I've got a great run we could do. We need to wait a week or so, but as soon as it comes up, I'll let you know. We put in up at Loveland Ski area and run down to Silver Plume or Georgetown.....I've got all the extra gear you will need, so don't worry about that. Swimming is not an option, so you won't have to worry. I'll be in touch.
jonny water is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2004   #4

New kayaking buddy

Right on Mr. Water! I am in for sure. You know, the water seems to cold here to want to go swimming in it any way, so I won't do it.

The water is not like it is back in Dallas, GA, that’s for sure.

So do you think there will be some shredder betties on the river? I always keep an eye out. If there are any honeys on the river, I will sniff them out for sure!

Old 05-13-2004   #5

Geologist, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1991
If we don't find any on the river, I know a great spot in IdaHO-bag Springs where there are always some betties...."who wants some honey?"
jonny water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004   #6

Swimmer and Mr. Water, sounds like you guys are gung ho. I've got some gear I picked up at a swap and I'm looking to get out on the river. All this rain makes me fired up, even though I'm just a beginner. Someone said O-Be-Joyful is fun as hell and a great starter, so I'm looking to attack it! I hear it's running, you guys with me? post back.
P.S. about the betty shreddies, I'm all over that like a hobo on a ham sandwich.
thorndog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004   #7

Oh Be Joyful - A Christmas Carol??

Oh, I will be "getting some honey" on the river this weekend! If you know what I mean

Thorndogger – "Oh Be Joyful" sounds more like a Christmas Carol than a die hard river run. I’d rather start with something more challenging. But what the hell, if you are up for going, I am ready ! It is running strong right ?

Bring on Oh Be Joyful and the BETTIES!!!! Who else is with me and my new posse??

SWIMMER
Old 05-13-2004   #8

Duhrango
I think Chunderboy would be a good boating buddy for you guys.
Old 05-13-2004   #9
S&M

First of all I don't think that either of you are ready for Oh-B-Joyful at this point especially if your account name is Swimmer. I will have to agree with Full Tilt, that you need to learn the basics before you get in the river. I mean do you really want to be swimming down waterfalls? As for the ladies, or as you call them the honey's, I am sure that they will be staying away from picking up your carnage. Cheers and good luck!
S&M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004   #10

Castle Rock, Colorado
O BJ

Yo yo, Swimmer & T-dog, i am down for OBJ and the betties. I don't have any kayak gear but i did just buy a new inner tube. i am all about shedding some drops with that thing, its made of rubber you know so it can be used for multiple purposes....Yea.
I am heading up there on Sat. water or not I am going down that creek.
Hey I can bring a couple betties....my friend Jenn is in town & my other friend Tonya is down for OBJ...they just don't know what the BJ means yet at the end of OBJ. HAHA just joshen girls...leave the dorky boyfriends at home (yea I'm talken about you limp wrist).
Anyway word to your mama...see you in the creek.
Out...

Names were changed to protect the innocent...
Phin Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kayaking