LaPorte Play Park Proposal - needs support now! - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 06-29-2010   #1

LaPorte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
LaPorte Play Park Proposal - needs support now!

Hi Folks,

The LaPorte play park proposal (Lions Park) now has a website with information and networking facilities - LaPorte Whitewater Park | Poudre Rock Report Please visit as soon as possible!!

We need to impress the Larimer County Open Lands Advisory Board that this is a high priority in the community. This means we need letters of support (which can be submitted at our website) and attendees at their next meeting (July 22nd), where we will be presenting the proposal.

The Lions Park site is particularly good because there are fewer diversions than downtown and already has all the non-river facilities needed. See the wesite.

Let's have another go at getting a play park for northern Colorado, and maybe we will end up with two of them!!

Mandy

mandyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2010   #2

Horserump, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1975
Mandy has put a lot of work into this. I know boaters are real good at saying some one ought to do something about ..... you name it. Well she has!!! So how about each of the 50 folks who have looked at this get off their ass go to the web site and send in a letter of support.
yak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010   #3

Near water (hopefully), Colorado
Paddling Since: 2008
I agree it takes no time at all just click on the link it will take five minutes lets get this rolling
smauk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2010   #4

Teacher, Fort Collins, Colorado
done.

Done. Let's get on it people--seems like sometimes we talk big as a community, but then lose focus when it is most important!
Buckrodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010   #5

Cheyenne, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 2009
Done, Letter written and submitted.
LineDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010   #6

Teacher, Fort Collins, Colorado
vid

Here is a video the Spokane River group made to promote their park. I grew up in that area, so glad to see they are pushing as well:

Welcome to Facebook

something like this could be good for our projects (Lions Park and FoCO) as well to help inform those who don't really know what they are about.
Buckrodgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010   #7

when the time is right, I can provide a backhoe, a bobcat, dump truck and operator for no cost. insured and experienced. Mike
mrkyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010   #8

Cheyenne, Wyoming
Paddling Since: 2009
I'm a journeyman lineman with more hours than I care to remember operating equipment that is willing to donate time helping out with the construction process. Quite possibly could get some lights donated if there are powerlines nearby to run them. Can you say night time play boating, I hope so.
LineDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010   #9

Horserump, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1975
I think that all the offers to donate time and skills are great. But right now letters are what's needed. If yo're stumped as what to write I'd be happy to send mine along and your are welcome to plagerize to your hearts content.
yak1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010   #10

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Good luck with the project. Sent in my letter of support.
deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ark