Lake Fork Post - Mountain Buzz

Old 11-22-2005   #1

NA
Send a message via MSN to Timmy
Lake Fork Post

Hi folks,

Check out the write up on Lake Fork Canyon by Kit Davidson. Thanks Kit.

http://www.coloradokayaking.com/main...84383f68cbbff0

Tim Hawkins
Evan J. Stafford
www.coloradokayaking.com
[email protected]

Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2005   #2
God Amongst Men

Phuoc My, Da Nang, THE 'NAM
Paddling Since: 1845
fresh, thanks a bunch for posting that....just want to give some props to a great short run in my area.
yetigonecrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #3

NA
Hi Yeti,
Thanks for sending us the article. Feel free to send us more. We love reading them.
Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2005   #4

ski/kayak bum
I love your guy's articles but IV+?? unless it changed a bunch since two seasons ago then it is III with one IV- (rattlesnake) at all levels. Remoteness wouldn't bump it up because its roadside.

my two cents-

-aaron
double-a-ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005   #5
God Amongst Men

i dont think so.....thats one of the things this site is bad about, things often get downgraded around here because most people here are used to running the big nasty.....for most people, that run is a solid IV...rattlesnake at really high levels is pretty intense and last chance can be too. i stand by my rating, as i am not coming for a V+ seasoned creeking standpoint.
Old 11-26-2005   #6

there is no way that the lake fork is a class IV+... no way. i have ran that river a million times and have taken every line possible through rattlesnake. hell i live 2 miles from red bridge... kit ur a dumbass yeti...
overlyworked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005   #7

ski/kayak bum
henson, obj, daisy, black and slate = V taylor, lake fork, east (save stupid falls) = III
A good IV+ run in your area is the Upper A. Head down there and run it then come back on here and tell us that the Lake Fork is in the same class.
but i dont want to hurt your ego so continue to rate them whatever makes you feel good.

-aaron
double-a-ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2005   #8

NA
Hi double-a-ron and overlyworked,

If you guys think Lake Fork Canyon was rated incorrectly by yeti, then please send us your write up with your classification and we will post it. We just post what boaters send us. Thanks.

Tim Hawkins
[email protected]
Old 11-26-2005   #9

According to CRC2...

Red Bridge to Gateview III(IV) 400-1000 cfs, IV(V-) > 1000 cfs

but the authors were probably just padding their egos.. :P
Delbert Grady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005   #10
God Amongst Men

you know....im gettin real sick of everyone dogging everything i have to say....im a solid class V rafter and a class IV+ boater, and i cant say anything without getting picked apart anymore.....you dont see me telling you everything youve got to say is wrong, know why? because you do your thing, and ill do mine. ive got a super angry response to this whole shit but im only going to post it if i feel like it.

everyone get off my ass. ratings are meant to be generalized, because no river is the same at all water levels. as most of you are V+ ish boaters, you naturally tend to downgrade stuff below that. dont say whatever, we dont, because fuck off, you do. for someone of all of your calibur, its going to be an easy run. but for a class III boater, its going to give them a handful. so get off your soap box and leave me alone, because i dont care if youve done this run one time or a million times. if you truly are concerned with the rating, then do what tim said and send in your own report. if you dont do that then you are just doing this to nitpick shit. and maybe i am over-reacting, but this shit seems to happen every time i post anything. everyone has their own opinion, and dont tell me mine is wrong, because i dont do that do you.

i stand by my rating.