Kokatat serious fashion issue - Mountain Buzz

Old 10-10-2012   #1
KSC

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2003
Kokatat serious fashion issue

I'm hoping this is something we can all agree on and hopefully convince Kokatat to change. It's finally time for me to replace my old beat up Kokatat drysuit. I was pretty psyched to hear that they were coming out with a rear zip drysuit in 2013. I did a little experiment this year. I did the same run with my drysuit and my drytop in an attempt to compare how much extra water the bump out from the front-zip really lets into the boat. The answer is, a lot - enough that I'd like to eliminate that. The problem is, I found a photo of their prototype and it's neon orange. Is it ever ok to wear something that looks like this?

Kokatat Media Kit: GORE-TEX Icon Dry Suit

Can we all agree that Kokatat should come out with an alternate, less blinding, color scheme?

KSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012   #2

Bozeman, Montana
Paddling Since: 1999
Yeah those are the new Jackson kayak designed Kokatat products. Jackson had lot of imput in the series. I'll be sticking to sweet

I don't get the weird patterns like the blocks on right arm..
caspermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #3

longmont, Colorado
Looks like Ronald McDonald came up with that color scheme
huck it is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012   #4

at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
I love my rear zip drysuit. But it is OS, and comes in my choice of colors within their limited stock. Come on, kayakers should LOVE that orange color! Isn't it cool that they call it "rear entry"?!?! Another plus!
Old 10-10-2012   #5

Bozeman, Montana
Only if you like butt sex
Old 10-10-2012   #6

Boulder, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by caspermike View Post
Only if you like butt sex
Mike that was a funny ass comment. Is sweet finally coming out with a drysuit? I have been told their customer service is shit, any experience?

Kevin, really? you are worried about color scheme? You are already off the market so who the hell cares what you look like? I kind of like the idea of more visible shit=safer, but I make anything look good.
tj@cu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #7

Bozeman, Montana
I doubt it I haven't talked with sweet since the spring. The word was it would be like 1500 for a sweet dry suit and they weren't planning on making any cause of price. I like how the top and bottom go together Tom I'm not gonna buy another dry suit with a chest zipper. Regardless of how easy it is to get in and out. So it made my choice for sweet easier..
Old 10-10-2012   #8

gypsy, Colorado
Paddling Since: 02
here is the deal... the jackson stuff looks like a road cone, but you can order any of the less obtrusive colors with the back zipper for next year. The down fall on the back zipper is it is made of plastic to make it more flexible, instead of the burly metal one that comes on the gmer.

Question, if you are in a bone dry dry suit what does it matter if your boat takes on a couple extra ounces.

Went tubing the other day down the Gauley and took off my kokatat GMER dry suit, bone dry underneath. LOVE me some Kokatat.
BAER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #9

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Road cone orange isn't so great, but the standard color option would be cool. Different zipper makes me think twice though.

I have experience the same... lots of water in the boat through the drysuit... I am dry, but I'm sloshing and the extra weight changes handling a little. You should get one kevin and let me know how rear entry goes for you.
deepsouthpaddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012   #10

at my house, Montana
Paddling Since: 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAER View Post
The down fall on the back zipper is it is made of plastic to make it more flexible, instead of the burly metal one that comes on the gmer.
Kokatat FAIL