Kayakers find body in the Crystal near Redstone - Mountain Buzz

Go Back   Mountain Buzz > Whitewater Boating > Whitewater Kayaking

Old 07-28-2014   #1
Roy

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1993
Kayakers find body in the Crystal near Redstone

I heard this on the radio this morning. Sounds like he was a boater from Carbondale. Anybody got any details?

Kayakers find body in Crystal River near Redstone; investigators working to identify - 7NEWS Denver TheDenverChannel.com

Advertisement

Old 07-28-2014   #2
I'm right 50% of the time

RFV, CO
Paddling Since: 1977
I have not heard that authorities have identified the man found. A best guess is that it is Uriah Shaffer. He went missing on Bogan Canyon (Crystal River) in early June. More info that you can use to follow up is HERE > LINK
brendodendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014   #3

crested butte, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1990
Send a message via Yahoo to milo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy View Post
I heard this on the radio this morning. Sounds like he was a boater from Carbondale. Anybody got any details?

Kayakers find body in Crystal River near Redstone; investigators working to identify - 7NEWS Denver TheDenverChannel.com

Myself and Scotty Mann went looking on Saturday for Uriah . We found him... Can I please get contact info for the boaters that were with him the day it happened... Basically, I got a call from gunny sheriffs/cb fire dept... We used a go- pro to look into deep pools under stainers... We also sifted thru debris piles... We found Uriah body wrapped on a concrete divider under the bridge... Somebody get me contact info please!!! Milo Wynne- 970-275-1890

Sent from my iPad using Mountain Buzz
milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2014   #4

BV, CO
Paddling Since: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by milo View Post
Myself and Scotty Mann went looking on Saturday for Uriah . We found him... Can I please get contact info for the boaters that were with him the day it happened... Basically, I got a call from gunny sheriffs/cb fire dept... We used a go- pro to look into deep pools under stainers... We also sifted thru debris piles... We found Uriah body wrapped on a concrete divider under the bridge... Somebody get me contact info please!!! Milo Wynne- 970-275-1890

Brutal... Thank you for doing that Milo.
Phil U. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014   #5

Milo,
I was part of the group of 4 kayakers during the accident.

Cross post:
https://www.mountainbuzz.com/forums/f...one-54654.html

I got your number and will call you.
brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014   #6
swimming

behind your mom, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by milo View Post

I'm sorry you had to experience that, but I'm sure friends and family are grateful. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you want someone to talk to.
streetdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014   #7

Western Slope, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2011
Milo,
I was just talking to Uriah's mother last week. They have had services but this will help close a big void, not knowing is awful. Thank you so much.
fourtyfloater is offline   Reply With Quote