Kayakers and fisherman - Page 4 - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-07-2019   #31
LSB
Renaissance Redneck

Huson, Montana
Paddling Since: 1988
Fuck em! I have zero respect.
Anybody thats pestering animals that they dont plan to eat can stay the hell out of my way. They might as well be hunting with a paintball gun.

Advertisement

Old 05-07-2019   #32

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguelawyer View Post
It has been my experience that most kayakers like two breasts and other peoples beer so when fishing have your girlfriend sit accross the river with some visible beer cans in order to divert the traffic out of the fishing lane.

Probably won't need to worry about the rafts.
Still have to worry about rafts though as this tactic does not work with rafts.
Ninja_Nico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #33

frisco, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
There are many valid points here that are contradictory. Hunting with a paintball gun doesn't seem right to me but I bet it's really fun. The one thing I can't wrap my head around is how did the raft sneak up and run you over. Have you almost been hit on your bike by a steamroller?
Advertisement

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #34

lafayette or Grand Lake, CO., Colorado
Paddling Since: 1961
Kayakers/Rafters and fish have a great ally in fishermen/fisher-women. Their clubs like Trout Unlimited are constantly involved with working to improve river access, clean water issues, minimum flows and fighting to stop unnecessary dams. What is good for the fish is good for kayaking or rafting "usually". They spend their time and money on river and fish habitat preservation. I for one do not mind passing by quietly and as far as is reasonable out of their way. I have never had one not respect my privacy, space, peace and quiet, so I try and do the same.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #35

Sacramento, California
Paddling Since: 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob larrabee View Post
There are many valid points here that are contradictory. Hunting with a paintball gun doesn't seem right to me but I bet it's really fun. The one thing I can't wrap my head around is how did the raft sneak up and run you over. Have you almost been hit on your bike by a steamroller?
I don't know this particular situation, but rafts are not as slow as you might think. When the whole rafts paddles together, they are faster than most whitewater kayakers, unless they are trying to go fast. 2nd, it's pretty easy to get caught in a feature and have a raft run you over.
bystander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #36

Bazzaro, Free
Paddling Since: 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Kayakers/Rafters and fish have a great ally in fishermen/fisher-women. Their clubs like Trout Unlimited are constantly involved with working to improve river access, clean water issues, minimum flows and fighting to stop unnecessary dams. What is good for the fish is good for kayaking or rafting "usually". They spend their time and money on river and fish habitat preservation. I for one do not mind passing by quietly and as far as is reasonable out of their way. I have never had one not respect my privacy, space, peace and quiet, so I try and do the same.
Wow, you should research the Spokane Whitewater Park and how Trout Unlimited shut it down. And why? Then look at where the park was going. And what a red banded trout is. What Trout Unlimited says natural red banded trout spawning habitat looks like. Because all i saw was busted up concrete, re-bar, garbage, and bums. Still that way today. Super sad loss for Spokane as community if you ask me. The truth is Trout Unlimited wants kayakers off the water in the PNW. Just saying....
dirtbagkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #37

Buena Vista, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbagkayaker View Post
The truth is Trout Unlimited wants kayakers off the water in the PNW. Just saying....
That is the furthest thing from the truth in Colorado. I can not speak to the PNW, but here the whitewater community and the fishing community work hand in hand on a plethora of issues. In fact many people are members of both American Whitewater and Trout Unlimited....
lmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #38

lafayette or Grand Lake, CO., Colorado
Paddling Since: 1961
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtbagkayaker View Post
Wow, you should research the Spokane Whitewater Park and how Trout Unlimited shut it down. And why? Then look at where the park was going. And what a red banded trout is. What Trout Unlimited says natural red banded trout spawning habitat looks like. Because all i saw was busted up concrete, re-bar, garbage, and bums. Still that way today. Super sad loss for Spokane as community if you ask me. The truth is Trout Unlimited wants kayakers off the water in the PNW. Just saying....

I said "usually", there are always exceptions.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #39

Fraser, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2001
I have had fisherman linger, while I twas trying to fornicate zby the side of the great stream....

Other than that, I have no qualms, just as long as they don’t try to kick me off the run, or keep The flows down to a trickle, I’m happy to share the river, and hopefully have an ally in conservation.

P.s.
Still got laid, in spite of that orvis wearing fuck....
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #40

Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2013
There is plenty of places to fish with no boating activity. When I fish boaty areas I accept there is going to be interaction of different people enjoying the river... it's trout fishing and who really cares... I mean how many trout have you caught in your life? Like a million? I cannot and will not take trout fishing seriously as it would ruin the fun for me.

Party on Wayne.
mtnparty is offline   Reply With Quote