Just watched the Aire Owners Manual Dvd - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-02-2011   #1

vancouver, Washington
Paddling Since: 1996
Just watched the Aire Owners Manual Dvd

Dude where my hot tub time machine? I wanna go home?!

slamkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2011   #2

vancouver, Washington
I mean it looks like transcribed from laserdisc to VHS and then to DVD
Old 04-03-2011   #3

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
The funky video is reflective of Aire technology. Who wants to deal with a stuck zipper on a boat? Or look for pinholes in a plastic inner tube? My next cataraft will have conventional air chambers.
Domar Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2011   #4

vancouver, Washington
my prior boats were conventional and I became a convert after a wasted day on a primo permit river. You can waste a good afternoon trying to patch a conventional boat. Or go with Aire, do a quick fix to get through your trip, and then drop it off for a no fault factory repair, which will be as good as new after the welding
Old 04-03-2011   #5
sh$t show voyeuor/host

Barnard(Marshall), North Carolina
Paddling Since: wen?
They are too busy boating to waste their time re-making a perfectly fine video just because it isn't high tech or high quality. I didn't have any trouble understanding them. I have owned 5 Aires and I have NEVER had a stuck zipper or a pinhole in a bladder.
matt cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011   #6

vancouver, Washington
Still matt, maybe some users should use their Gopros to record some new footage and repair video. They should have the time to edit it while the guy across the river is waiting three hours for his conventional boat patches to dry.

I like the concept of a quick repair on the river and a more thorough job at camp when you can let it dry over dinner ...
Old 04-04-2011   #7

Durango, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1980
Actually Aire technology works quite well in most conditions. But the zippers and air bladders just add more areas for the appearance of Murphy's Law. I had an Aire Cougar while living in Alaska for eight years that got lots of use and abuse. I had problems with glacial silt clogging the zipper and also abrading pinholes by chafing between the outer tubes and bladders. These were not easy to deal with during fly-in expeditions. So if I had to repeat that experience, I would avoid an Aire boat. Otherwise, I loved that old Cougar. I also rowed a 14' Aire raft down the Salt River a few years back - great little boat. The overall design and quality of Aire products is just fine.

For us regular Hypalon boaters there are also quick fixes available to patch small leaks. Some high-quality boat patch tape can get you through the day.
Domar Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011   #8
Sponsoring Vendors

Meridian, Idaho
Paddling Since: 1989
Ha Ha! We deserve the “Hot Tube Time Machine” reference, and we can’t agree with you more. We are working on update both our Owners DVD and Owners Manual. We were actually thinking about skipping the DVD and sending out a thumb drive instead, thought? We operate on a pretty lean staff but have found time to shoot some new videos (most of the in HD, oh ya.) Please take a look at these new video on our You Tube Channel and our website.
YouTube - aireoutcast's Channel
Whitewater rafting and kayaking photos videos blog and adventure outfitters | AIRE

Thanks,
The AIRE staff
AIRE Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011   #9

vancouver, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRE Inc.
Ha Ha! We deserve the “Hot Tube Time Machine” reference, and we can’t agree with you more. We are working on update both our Owners DVD and Owners Manual. We were actually thinking about skipping the DVD and sending out a thumb drive instead, thought?

Thanks,
The AIRE staff
MICROFICHE
Old 04-04-2011   #10

vancouver, Washington
Nobody has the opportunity to practice the repair until it's needed. A compact downloadable video app for mobile phones might be nice for those who have water damaged their paper copies

Tags
aire