June Kayaking - Mountain Buzz

Old 05-13-2008   #1

June Kayaking

Coming 2000 miles to paddle with you guys! I will be staying outside of Glenwood Springs. I'm planning on renting a kayak from Glenwood Canyon Kayak Shop. I have no buds that kayak here. The ones I know just party pretty hard. Give me some tips on the the class 4 stuff. I need someone to paddle with. I will be out there during the week of June 10th through the 15th, anybody up for anything? Later Russ

VARIVERPIRATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2008   #2

Steamboat, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1999
Should be going off then everywhere and being in Glenwood Springs you will have access to sections of the Crystal, Roaring Fork, and Colorado close by. Tons of other stuff within a short drive that all fits within the class IV realm. Runs to consider right in your area:

Crystal
-Bogan Canyon
-Narrows
-Crystal Mills Falls

Roaring Fork
-Upper Frying Pan

Colorado
-Barrel Springs/Shoshonee/Play Park

Most likely will be in that area sometime within your trip, post again as it gets close and people will have a better idea where they will be when.

Gonna be a good spring, you should not be dissapointed

-Mark
kayakfreakus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008   #3

Be Out There Tues. 10th-15th! Who's Ready?

I'm ready for some Rocky Mtn. paddling! Anyone free during the week? A couple of non paddlers and myself are planning on camping, fishing, and drinking for a couple of days somewhere. My buddy lives in New Castle. I don't have anyone to paddle with. Anyone want to show a southern kayaker some III+ IV Colorado stuff? You can laugh at my accent, at least. I have a friend out there paddling, who knows where, probally OBEJOYFULL! Paging Edgar Peck! Later Russ.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2008   #4

See you on the water!

I'll be the guy at the put-in by himself. Yall show me some love! Later
Old 06-07-2008   #5

river zen, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1997
Hey if your from New Castle have you ever paddled Johns creek. That was my favorite creek in VA till F'n Joe Looney got the sheriff to start arresting people. Is it still off limits? Keep this in mind Class 4 back east is different then class 4 Rky Mtn. style. Make sure you bring your A game.
Support AWA!!!!!!!
Jefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008   #6

Gypsum, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
I'm off Tue, wed if you want to hit the eagle or gore creek..
stumpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008   #7

Sure Thing!

Never paddled John's but I know people who have. Yea I'm kinda wondering about the Rky Mtn. Syle 4's. Everyone I talked to that has paddles the Southern Rocks have told me that there just long, long 4's with little or no eddie service. Looking forward to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefe View Post
Hey if your from New Castle have you ever paddled Johns creek. That was my favorite creek in VA till F'n Joe Looney got the sheriff to start arresting people. Is it still off limits? Keep this in mind Class 4 back east is different then class 4 Rky Mtn. style. Make sure you bring your A game.
Support AWA!!!!!!!
Old 06-08-2008   #8

Gore Creek

Hey Stumper, Gore Creek looks killer. I will post something Tues when I get to new casle. I have a shorty dry top with trunks and a dry suit in my suitcase, I know the water is cold out there. What do you suggest? Later Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpster View Post
I'm off Tue, wed if you want to hit the eagle or gore creek..

Tags
kayaking