Joe Wright & Spencer - Mountain Buzz
 



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-30-2008   #1
 
Denver, Colorado
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 173
Joe Wright & Spencer

Anyone run joe wright or spencer in the last few days? Does joe have enought water, any wood? Heading up tomorrow morning, any feedback before then would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Paul

paulh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-30-2008   #2
 
Paddling Since: '93
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 13
I'm thinking about Joe Wright for Sunday, and have the same questions as you do paulh. Will you please post after you see it Saturday?
__________________
-barret
barret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008   #3
ACC
 
ACC's Avatar
 
dropzone, Colorado
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 846
Paul - I may be into joining. Was thinking about leaving a rig up in the canyon, do you have room for a ride back?

Alex
ACC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-30-2008   #4
 
GAtoCSU's Avatar
 
Eagle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 709
I'm headed up there tomorrow for a paddle, camp, drink, party, paddle type of a weekend. If you wanna hook up.. Call me tonight or tomorrow morning

Scott
706-254-6054
GAtoCSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008   #5
 
Denver, Colorado
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 173
Barret - i think we are camping around big south/spencer doubt ill have access to internet or phone to give an update, if we head down to mishawaka i will fosho...

Alex - come on up, im sure we can work out a ride back to your rig

Scott - more the merrier, definitely looking paddle/camp/party this weekend...

The game plan so far is to meet at big south take-out at 1:00, we may check out the SSV race prior to heading to FT...
paulh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008   #6
 
GAtoCSU's Avatar
 
Eagle, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1994
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulh View Post
Barret - i think we are camping around big south/spencer doubt ill have access to internet or phone to give an update, if we head down to mishawaka i will fosho...

Alex - come on up, im sure we can work out a ride back to your rig

Scott - more the merrier, definitely looking paddle/camp/party this weekend...

The game plan so far is to meet at big south take-out at 1:00, we may check out the SSV race prior to heading to FT...
WE will already be doing laps up there at that time. We boated a few years back when you were making eddyflower. I was the SE boater that had done the Steepcreeks.com challenge before.

Scott

We'll be in the blue Jeep G. Cherk.
GAtoCSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008   #7
 
yourrealdad's Avatar
 
185 lb. waste of space, Keeping Glenwood Springs real
Paddling Since: 1864
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 928
I have to work tomorrow night so does anyone want to start kinda early?
__________________
970-217-21 six six
Kevin
http://liquiddescents.blogspot.com/
yourrealdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008   #8
 
bwilkins's Avatar
 
Fort Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2006
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by barret View Post
I'm thinking about Joe Wright for Sunday, and have the same questions as you do paulh. Will you please post after you see it Saturday?
This is a bit late for Barret, but for those who are interested the river is fairly clear of wood. Two groups yesterday pulled out 20+ trees. I was told this morning that the crew who padded behind us pulled out the last major strainer. It was my first time on the run, but I understand that large tree had been in there quite some time.

The water seems to still be coming up, so of course trees may move...

Joe Wright was a bit on the low side, but Big South was dumping in a lot of water which made Spencer Heights pushy.
bwilkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008   #9
 
Ft Collins, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1977
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 160
Great effort thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwilkins View Post
This is a bit late for Barret, but for those who are interested the river is fairly clear of wood. Two groups yesterday pulled out 20+ trees. I was told this morning that the crew who padded behind us pulled out the last major strainer. It was my first time on the run, but I understand that large tree had been in there quite some time.

The water seems to still be coming up, so of course trees may move...

Joe Wright was a bit on the low side, but Big South was dumping in a lot of water which made Spencer Heights pushy.
Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008   #10
 
Paddling Since: '93
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 13
Anyone seen the flow up there lately?
__________________
-barret
barret is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Topic Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spencer Heights/Joe Wright Beta cw Whitewater Kayaking 3 05-26-2007 09:14 PM
Joe Wright / Spencer Heights this afternoon frenchy Kayaking | Trip Planner 0 06-13-2006 12:07 PM
Beta on Joe Wright/Spencer Heights? dasunluva Whitewater Kayaking 3 06-10-2006 01:56 PM
joe wright/spencer heights alacy1 Whitewater Kayaking 8 07-16-2005 01:33 AM
Spencer Heights/Joe Wright runnable? paulh Whitewater Kayaking 1 05-19-2005 10:28 AM

» Classified Ads
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.