It's official. The Dolores is Running! - Mountain Buzz

Old 03-27-2008   #1

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
It's official. The Dolores is Running!

Detail Graph

I suppose they could turn it off with out any notice, but there is enough to float a raft down it as of today.

The usgs gage Dolores near Bedrock should be a close read out as well, but I guess the water has not made it that far down stream yet.

The gateway stretch should have the best flow for early season D runs, as it gets more tributaries, including the san miguel.

(seven two 0)-298-2242
Dave Frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2008   #2

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1995
Thanks Dave - I'm really psyched that they're spilling, and if you look at the way they ramped the flow up, you gotta wonder if there was a wall of water crashing down the streambed. It looks like a flash flood hydrograph on the rising limb.

Hope I get on it this year...

-AH

PS - remember "flows will be reduced to 500cfs from April 14-17 to facilitate fish surveys"
Dolores Spring Forecast

Kinda scrapy then but we're probably lucky they're not dropping it down to 10 cfs so so it'd be easier to count the fish flopping in puddles....
Nothing in the world is more yielding and gentle than water. Yet it has no equal for conquering the resistant and tough. The flexible can overcome the unbending; the soft can overcome the hard. - Lao Tse
Andy H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008   #3

B.F.E., Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy H. View Post
Thanks Dave - I'm really psyched that they're spilling, and if you look at the way they ramped the flow up, you gotta wonder if there was a wall of water crashing down the streambed. It looks like a flash flood hydrograph on the rising limb.
I doubt it. not really that much rise.only about 750 rise over the period of one day. I would just say its a steady rise. During the flush the platte rises about three and a half grand over the period of a day and you can barely notice the rise. Like watching a clock. You just notice its high
freexbiker is offline   Reply With Quote