Is there an App for that? - Mountain Buzz

Old 04-24-2010   #1

Boulder, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2005
Is there an App for that?

I was looking for a phone app for flows. I searched Eddy Flower and got no results....does anyone know if there is one out there?

Advertisement

Old 04-24-2010   #2

Idaho Falls, Idaho
The one I've got is called RiverGuide. It's fairly nifty, but not very customiseable. It lets you see and favorite plenty of gauges.
j_gets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010   #3

Boulder, Colorado
Is it worth the $2.99?
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2010   #4

185 lb. waste of space, Keeping Glenwood Springs real
Paddling Since: 1864
Why the hell are you up so early on a sat Beth? I have it and it would only be worth it if you have a 3G phone (iphone), I actually don't know if it works for other phones. I got it cause it was on sale for a buck, but I only have a ipod touch. So I can only use it when there is wifi, if there is wifi I might as well use eddyflower and get a little better results. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, it would be sweet for a phone. yeah I could think of a few things that you could spend the three bucks on, but this one is pretty decent.

Going back to bed now
yourrealdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010   #5

Avon, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2009
i have the river guide program...

i dont know... i dont use it very much really... its kind of annoying because like i cant get the guage from the state bridge area, or like shoshone or grizzly creek. I'm sure its on there just not named the right thing.

I just saved the eddyflower colorado page, so now i just book mark that page and go... eddyflower makes more sence to me.
Old 04-24-2010   #6

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
Quote:
Originally Posted by ednaout View Post
Is it worth the $2.99?
It's alright, IMO - convenient to get flows in one spot. It has a nice feature that grabs your GPS fix and populates a list of runs around you.

But yeah, you can pull most of this info off of EddyFlower via the web browser, and save EddyFlower.com on your home screen as an icon.
El Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010   #7

Boulder, Colorado
Thanks, I may go big and get the app. The icon is doable but not easy on the eyes...maybe its just me.
Good info though, thanks again!
Old 04-24-2010   #8

Denver, Colorado
Paddling Since: 2004
Send a message via AIM to craven_morhead
I've got the app, it's fine, though I'll use eddyflower's PDA flow page more often, since it loads so fast.
craven_morhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010   #9

Boulder, Colorado
Don't you think its hard to keep the lines straight when you blow it up and have to scroll over? I know its not rocket science but....it makes my eyes a little crazy.
El Falco - this feature seems neat.

"...grabs your GPS fix and populates a list of runs around you."
Old 05-26-2010   #10

Boulder, Colorado
FYI - I am not a fan of the river guide app. its okay, nothing more. Having eddy flower on my home screen is better, IMO. Just thought I would save some 2.99.