Is anyone from CO driving to Gauley Fest?? - Mountain Buzz

Old 08-26-2004   #1

Is anyone from CO driving to Gauley Fest??

I am in St Louis and am trying to find a way to ship a kayak here from Gunnison CO. without much luck. The boat is a Diesel 75, so it is too big for sportsexpress.com. I also checked with Forward Air, but the closes drop station is in Denver (200 miles).

So, I was wondering if anyone from CO will be driving to Gauley Fest and wouldn't mind carrying an extra boat along.

Or, maybe someone knows of another shipping comp. that I may check into. If I can get the boat to Denver, Forward Air will only charge $50 to ship it to St Louis. Otherwise, the freight comps. want anywhere from $175-$400 to ship it (Not an option).

Another option is if someone has a Diesel 75 for sale. I want an orange/citrus Diesel 75 and I don't care where I get it, as long as i get it in time for Gauley Fest.

Thanx for your ideas!!!

//\ /\\

Gary [email protected]^

Gary_@^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2004   #2

hey gary, a buddy of mine in st louis is planning to head there, and I may join him, but am unsure... if I did, I had thought to fly there and drive the rest with him, but for the extra loot I could drive both legs perhaps? I am unsure of the details, so if you find a real offer, jump on it! but just in case...

good luck!
redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004   #3

Thanx! I will keep you in mind...

Hey Redbeard,
Who is your buddy in St L? I prolly know of him at least.

//\ /\\

Gary [email protected]^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2004   #4

Gauley

I'm heading to Gauley. Based on you post It's not clear if the boats going from CO to WV or MO to VW ...or what.

See my post in trip planner or call.

Eric 302-545-8477
riverunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004   #5

Eagle, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to matts Send a message via MSN to matts Send a message via Yahoo to matts Send a message via Skype™ to matts
i am leaving on labor day for west virginia for the entire season. if you can get the boat to me in gypsum and help out with some of the gas, i can take it to you in st louis or to west virginia. let me know.

matt
[email protected]
matts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004   #6

I want the boat sent to St L or WV from CO

I live in St Louis. The Boat is in Gunnison CO. I want the boat delivered to St Louis, but if someone is going to Gauley Fest and would rather not stop in St L, I can pick it up in WV.

THanx again for all your help!!!

//\ /\\

Gary [email protected]^
Old 08-27-2004   #7

Eagle, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to matts Send a message via MSN to matts Send a message via Yahoo to matts Send a message via Skype™ to matts
see above, gimme a call.
matts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004   #8

Hey Gary,
you may know him, C. Alder? patent lawyer? we used to live in WV and spent a few years on the endless, he still keeps in touch with some of the guides around there.

sounds like you may have your boat a ride, but maybe we'll travel together after all! happy trails!!
redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2004   #9

THanx everyone. Looks like I have it taken care of.

Looks like I found a way to get the boat to me. Thanx to everyone for your willingness to help.

//\ /\\

Gary [email protected]^