Ironic El Flaco - Mountain Buzz

Old 09-20-2006   #1

Web Developer/Programmer
Ironic El Flaco

I agree with you that the KayakPuncon assult on the image gallery is annoying, but I found the irony at the moment ammusing.

Advertisement

Old 09-20-2006   #2

Metro Area, Colorado
ha!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #3

He meant KayakPro.cl

Regardless he does have a point. If you are going to throw up an image, and its going to have promotional imagery all over it, then it should at least link to a good story or something. Otherwise its the equivalent of just having a third banner ad that doesn't link anywhere.

And this is what happens when CO runs out of water...
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2006   #4

el flaco is an idiot

Do you really think these guys are gonna be rolling in all the loot they'll be pulling in from posting pictures with the insignia kp on them. Nobody makes any money in kayaking you jackass!!!! They definitely post better pictures than you do though. Frenchy should block you from this sight just for being a shmuck
waynechorter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #5

el flaco is an idiot

Do you really think these guys are gonna be rolling in all the loot they'll be pulling in from posting pictures with the insignia kp on them. Nobody makes any money in kayaking you jackass!!!! They definitely post better pictures than you do though. Frenchy should block you from this sight just for being a shmuck
waynechorter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #6

Bham, Washington
Paddling Since: 1997
chorter get a clue its about the principle man, the principle.

the majority of us may still be cheap dirtbag boaters but we can still have principles and not abuse a useful service someone provides us.
Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #7

Golden, Colorado
Paddling Since: 1984
My apologies to Kayak Pucon- they do support the site. Of course I meant to call out KayakPro.cl.

I have nothing against a great shot of someone dropping a waterfall. Having their brand on there might be walking a fine line, but to have the caption read "Kayak Vacation in Chile -ask about our programs and itineraries"; well, that's taking advantage of what Kayak Pucon and Small World and others pay for. And they've done it a bunch of times in the past few months. Check August 30th, for example.

Personally, I think it's lame, and borders on stealing. And the POINT, Lil Wayne, is that there isn't a lot of money in this game to keep sites like this afloat. All the more reason to call them out when they basically use a public forum to take revenue away from Social Knowledge, which has invested in this service for your benefit.

Chorter, when you ask Frenchy (who no longer runs this "site") to ban me, ask him how much he had to pay out of his own pocket for server upgrades, etc. while he was building a fine online community that we all enjoy.

And pardon me if I disregard someone who has shown no evidence of an educated opinion about marketing, managing a content-driven website, or working in the outdoor industry. In case you're wondering, I have some experience in all three. If you ever posted anything other than how friggin RAD you are, you might understand that MountainBuzz has made it all these years because a few companies support it. And make sure you add a link to all the terrible photos I've put up. Did you even have a point in that braying post? Maybe it'll make sense to you this way: Mind if I put a couple of bumper stickers on your moped that advertise my company?
El Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006   #8

Obviously nobody here has been kayaking recently.
Old 09-21-2006   #9

ok ,
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Flaco
My apologies to Kayak Pucon- they do support the site. Of course I meant to call out KayakPro.cl.

I have nothing against a great shot of someone dropping a waterfall. Having their brand on there might be walking a fine line, but to have the caption read "Kayak Vacation in Chile -ask about our programs and itineraries"; well, that's taking advantage of what Kayak Pucon and Small World and others pay for. And they've done it a bunch of times in the past few months. Check August 30th, for example.

Personally, I think it's lame, and borders on stealing. And the POINT, Lil Wayne, is that there isn't a lot of money in this game to keep sites like this afloat. All the more reason to call them out when they basically use a public forum to take revenue away from Social Knowledge, which has invested in this service for your benefit.

Chorter, when you ask Frenchy (who no longer runs this "site") to ban me, ask him how much he had to pay out of his own pocket for server upgrades, etc. while he was building a fine online community that we all enjoy.

And pardon me if I disregard someone who has shown no evidence of an educated opinion about marketing, managing a content-driven website, or working in the outdoor industry. In case you're wondering, I have some experience in all three. If you ever posted anything other than how friggin RAD you are, you might understand that MountainBuzz hasn't made it all these years because a few companies support it. And make sure you add a link to all the terrible photos I've put up. Did you even have a point in that braying post? Maybe it'll make sense to you this way: Mind if I put a couple of bumper stickers on your moped that advertise my company?
kayakpro.cl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006   #10

pro as in professional - not so much

Sadly all this chit chat only serves to further Kayakpro's exposure. I'd like to see this thread end right here but the reality is that it won't because we all want to have our say, including myself.

After finding the most recent picture they have chosen to post, I find it to be a blatant slap in the face to all of the companies willing to financially contribute to this on line forum. Regardless of who's bro's work with them, such behavior and questionable ethics should be frowned upon.

Unfortunately, to ban them or remove their posts would be contrary to the freedom's we're granted by this forum. 2 choices, find another forum or ignore their posts.

Kayakpro - the name implies you are professionals, act like ones.
twitch is offline   Reply With Quote